Food Lion Feeds Charitable Grants
Food Lion Feeds Charitable Foundation
Grant amount: More than US $2,500
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 15, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Delaware, Georgia (US state), Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Expand all
Location of residency: Delaware, Georgia (US state), Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Food Lion, based in Salisbury, N.C., since 1957, operates more than 1,100 grocery stores in 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states. Our company proudly employs more than 63,000 associates and serves approximately 10 million customers a week.
Not only can our customers count on us, but our communities can count on us too. Through Food Lion Feeds our company has committed to provide 500 million meals to individuals and families struggling with hunger by the end of 2020.
Faces of Hunger
- Seniors: One in 12 seniors face hunger.
- At Food Lion, we believe everyone, especially seniors, should have access to affordable food, whether or not they can leave their homes to get it.
- Children: More than one in five children face hunger.
- At Food Lion, we believe that no one, especially children, should face an empty plate.
- Veterans: Each night, 130,000 veterans are homeless and hungry.
- At Food Lion, we believe that no one, especially those who have served our country so selflessly, should have to battle hunger.
- Families: One in six people face hunger, and too often parents are faced with tough choices when feeding their families.
- At Food Lion, we believe no one should have to choose between food and fuel, or formula and diapers.
- Disaster: Food Lion Feeds is committed to feeding those affected by natural disasters and other crisis.
- Fresh: For us at Food Lion, relieving hunger is not just about eliminating the choices people make when they give up food, but helping them make the right ones too.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations are only eligible to apply every 12 months.
- 501c3 nonprofit organizations
- The Food Lion Feeds Charitable Foundation limits grant awards to organizations based in or providing support in the 10 states in which we operate (within a 20 mile radius of a Food Lion store):
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Food Lion Feeds Charitable Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.