Forbes Funds: Management Assistance Grants
Grant amount: US $500 - US $20,000
Next deadline: Oct 26, 2018 (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Jan 20, 2019 (Full proposal), Apr 27, 2019 (Full proposal), Jul 20, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Capital Project
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Allegheny County, PennsylvaniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Forbes Funds awards grants to help nonprofits build their management capacity so they can more effectively deliver on their mission.
The most effective organizations build and sustain their capacity through good governance, effective management, and regular adaptation. Building organizational capacity can be the difference between a nonprofit that merely survives, and one that thrives. The Forbes Funds provides nonprofits in Allegheny County with technical assistance and grants to better understand and address their organizational capacity needs and to build high-performing organizations.
Management Assistance Grants (MAGs) are designed to strengthen the management capacity of local nonprofit organizations, with a focus on human services and community development. The Forbes Funds’ support allows organizations to retain technical assistance consultants who help staff assess their strategic environment, identify unmet needs and opportunities, and develop efficient organizational structures and processes. Modest grants are made for well-defined projects that are custom-tailored to an organization’s capacity-building needs. Indirect costs (e.g., salaries and rent) are not covered. Management Assistance Grants range from $500 to $20,000.
Timeline for Grant Application
The Forbes Funds accepts Management Assistance Grant (MAG) requests on a rolling basis, although our grants committee and board of directors make funding decisions on a quarterly basis (see dates above). Due to the volume of applications, your organization's application may not necessarily be reviewed in the same quarter in which you have applied. In order to be considered for a quarterly round, your organization must have completed the application process at least 1 month in advance of the quarterly meeting.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- An organization may qualify for a grant if it meets all of the following criteria:
- It is located in Allegheny County;
- It is a 501(c)3 organization;
- It is a human services and/or community development organization;
- It will use a consultant to guide the project work;
- It is willing to undertake a capacity-building challenge that is not already underway; and
- It is willing to meet the requirements of the application process, including the possible completion of an organizational assessment and financial scan.
- Modest grants are made for well-defined projects that are custom-tailored to an organization’s capacity-building needs.
- All Forbes Funds grants must be used to hire a third party expert to develop a solution for a capacity building challenge. Below is a list of the areas of capacity building we can support (read more here):
- Strategy; and
- Organizational Realignment.
- Indirect costs (e.g., salaries and rent) are not covered.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Forbes Funds: Management Assistance Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.