Forbes Funds: Management Assistance Grants
Forbes FundsSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $20,000
Next deadline: Oct 25, 2019 (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Jan 11, 2020 (Letter of inquiry), Jan 25, 2020 (Full proposal), Apr 12, 2020 (Letter of inquiry), Apr 26, 2020 (Full proposal), Jul 12, 2020 (Letter of inquiry), Jul 26, 2020 (Full proposal), Oct 11, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Allegheny County, PennsylvaniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: The Forbes Funds accepts Management Assistance Grant (MAG) requests on a rolling basis, our board of directors makes funding decisions on a quarterly basis for requests between $10,000 and $20,000. For grants below $10,000, requests are also approved on a quarterly basis but are not subject to the full review by the board of directors.
Advancing the Region by Strengthening Nonprofits
The Forbes Funds advances the well-being of our region by helping human service and community-based nonprofits build their management capacity and increase the impact of their mission work. We support these nonprofits both as individual organizations and as a unified coalition of leaders, funders, and advocates working collaboratively throughout southwestern Pennsylvania.
Building the management capacity and increasing the collective impact of our region’s nonprofits.
Nonprofits often struggle with similar challenges when it comes to capacity building and delivering on their mission – time, treasure, talent, and technology – but the specific needs of each nonprofit and where they are along the timeline of their developmental process is unique to each organization. The Forbes Funds strives to support nonprofits by providing the best tools and resources during each phase of the organization’s development; and by partnering, collaborating, and advocating as a unified and positive force for collective impact in our communities. of the quarterly meeting.
Management Assistance Grants
The Forbes Funds awards Management Assistance Grants (MAGs) to help human service and community-based nonprofits build their capacity and increase the impact of their mission work. Modest grants ($500 to $20,000) are made for new, well-defined projects with two or more organizations partnering together. Indirect costs (e.g., salaries and rent) are not covered.
What We Fund
All Management Assistance Grants must be used to hire a third party expert to develop a solution for a capacity building challenge. Below is a list of the priority areas of capacity building we can support.
Priority is given to:
- Proposals focusing on Finance, Strategy, and Organizational Realignment
- Capacity building projects that seek to produce impact at the organizational and systems level.
- Capacity building projects that promote a collective impact model.
- Organizations addressing known social determinants of health affecting the region.
While we cannot provide financial support to every agency that approaches The Forbes Funds, we do consider it a priority to meet with and provide advice and guidance to CEOs and their Board regarding management capacity challenges and opportunities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- An organization may qualify for a grant if it meets all of the following criteria:
- It is located in Allegheny County
- It is a 501(c)3 organization
- It is a human services and/or community development organization
- It will use a consultant to guide the project work
- It is willing to undertake a capacity-building challenge that is not already underway
- It is willing to meet the requirements of the application process, including the completion of an organizational assessment and financial scan
- Note: Management Assistant Grants (MAGs) are not made to cover fees and/or costs already incurred, or projects already under way, including capacity-building projects for which the organization has already signed contracts with its preferred provider.
- Additionally, The Forbes Funds does not provide operating, program, or staffing support.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Forbes Funds: Management Assistance Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.