Competitive Grant Program - Fund for the Arts and Culture
Foundation for MetroWestSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 5, 2020 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Exhibitions, Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Massachusetts: Middlesex County, Norfolk County, Worcester County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Competitive Grant Program
Foundation for MetroWest awards Competitive Grants to strengthen the capacity and programming of nonprofit organizations working to improve the quality of life for our residents.
Fund for the Art & Culture
The MetroWest Fund for Arts and Culture seeks to support, promote, and provide access to arts and cultural programming that celebrate creative expression, foster an appreciation of diversity, and preserve our area's collective history and heritage. The typical grant ranges from $1,000 to $10,000.
Through its Fund for the Arts & Culture, the Foundation for MetroWest awards discretionary grants that align with our vision for a vibrant community where artistic and cultural projects improve the quality of life for our residents and contribute to the economic vitality of our region. In particular, we seek to support, promote, and provide access to arts and cultural programming that celebrate creative expression, foster an appreciation of diversity, and preserve our area’s collective history and heritage.
What FFMW Will Fund
We support organizations whose primary mission is to provide access to arts and cultural programming in our region. Specifically, we encourage proposals that focus on:
- Visual and/or performing arts education for all individuals
- Performance series that resonate with changing audiences
- Note: single performances will not be considered
- Gallery exhibitions or programming
- Historic preservation of cultural landmarks in our region
Capacity building grants will also be considered.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must:
- Have 501(c)(3) tax status as a registered nonprofit organization OR have an eligible fiscal sponsor
- Not discriminate in the hiring of staff or the provision of services on the basis of race, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability
- Serve the MetroWest region
- We define MetroWest as the following 33 cities and towns: Acton, Ashland, Boxborough, Carlisle, Concord, Dedham, Dover, Framingham, Harvard, Holliston, Hopkinton, Hudson, Lexington, Lincoln, Marlborough, Maynard, Medfield, Medway, Milford, Millis, Natick, Needham, Sherborn, Southborough, Stow, Sudbury, Walpole, Waltham, Wayland, Wellesley, Westborough, Weston, and Westwood.
- We will consider proposals only for specific capital projects. We do not provide grants for capital campaigns.
- Proposals may be submitted for general operating support, or for new or existing programmatic support.
- Ineligible organizations include:
- City/town agencies, including libraries
- Schools – private, public, pre-K, charter, or Chapter 766
- We do not provide grants for emergency assistance, nor do we award grants to individuals in crisis. If you are an eligible organization that serves families and/or individuals in crisis, you may be eligible to receive support through our MetroWest Fund for Family Support. See About Grants for more details.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Competitive Grant Program - Fund for the Arts and Culture by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.