Foundations of East Chicago General Operating Grants
Foundations of East Chicago
Grant amount: Up to C $15,000
Deadline: Aug 27, 2018 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Lake County, Indiana
Location of residency: Lake County, IndianaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Foundations of East Chicago
Our Mission is to support local schools, churches, municipal agencies and nonprofit organizations that work to improve the quality of life in East Chicago.
To advance this mission, the Foundations of East Chicago will provide financial support through educational assistance in the form of scholarships; the awarding of grants that are strategic to achieve our objectives and by our service and leadership within the community.
The goals we set for FEC as a result of the 2016-2018 Strategic Plan include three critical community priorities:
- Education/Job Training
- Community Enrichment
General Operating Grants
General Operating grants awards are made to provide one time supplemental funding to a qualified agency that has demonstrated a budget shortfall. Funds are restricted to operating expenses outside of salaries and must be used for designated purposes as detailed in the grant application. General Operating awards must be used during the 2019 calendar year.
- Non-school time programs (before/after hours, youth programming)
- Educational advancement and life skills
- Build and improve relationships with schools regarding scholarship and educational opportunities
- New or expanded vocational programs at IVY Tech Community College, Calumet College of Saint Joseph, etc.
- Parent/community development and training (offered by nonprofits)
- ESL Programming
- Adult education/GED
- College Prep
- PCAT, SAT preparation or similar
- Early childhood education/pre-k
- Extended summer programs
- Mentoring and tutoring programs
- Special needs program support
- Awareness and preventative programming
- Teen pregnancy
- Life subsistence
- Food pantry
- Heating assistance
- Senior care
- Day care
- Drug abuse & recovery programs
- Emergency preparedness
- Police/community relations
- Crime watch
- Violence - gang, domestic, child abuse, bullying
- Fine Arts and enrichment programs
- Community & cultural events
- Music and festival support
- Recreational & youth sports
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- A recognized 501 (c)(3) agency in good standing with the IRS and registered in the state of Indiana
- In good standing with the Foundations of East Chicago.
- Budget items may include the following:
- Consulting/Speaker Fees (cannot exceed 25% of grant request/maximum $3,750, requests for administrative salaries will not be funded)
- Capital improvements (roofing, furnace, air, building repairs –restricted to organizations located in East Chicago and ONLY if organization owns the building)
- Office Expenses (i.e. Supplies, equipment)
- Accounting expenses
- License Fees
- Maintenance and repairs (i.e. snow removal, trash removal, janitorial service, pest control, and lawn care) (restricted to organizations located in East Chicago)
- Attorney/legal fees
- Utilities and Insurance
- Rent/mortgage payments (restricted to organizations located in East Chicago)
- Conference expenses
- Municipalities or governmental taxing bodies are not eligible to apply.
- If your organization operates out of a “Home Office” (i.e. a structure that also houses a private residence) you cannot request funding for the following items:
- Rental expenses
- Utility costs
- Capital improvements to your office space
- Computers, office equipment or furniture that is kept within a home office.
- Administrative and staff salaries
- Paid Volunteers
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Foundations of East Chicago General Operating Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.