Frada Fine Berkeley County Education Grants
Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $500 - US $3,000
Deadline: Dec 7, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Capital Project
Location of project: Berkeley County, West Virginia
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation was founded in 1995 to help donors create endowed funds to benefit their favorite 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations (including schools, churches, and government agencies) in Jefferson, Berkeley and Morgan counties.
Frada Fine Berkeley County Education Fund
The Frada Fine Berkeley County Education Fund was established through the generosity of BB&T Wealth to support education efforts and programs in Berkeley County, West Virginia.
Nonprofit organizations, pre-schools, and public schools serving Berkeley County may apply for grants from the Frada Fine Berkeley Education Fund to support tutoring programs, help develop preparatory skills, assist mentoring programs, provide necessary nutrition to encourage learning, and fund small capital needs within the schools. Special thanks to BB&T Wealth for establishing this fund with the community foundation and for providing continued financial support.
The Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation will consider grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, pre-schools and public schools serving Berkeley County. Projects and programs receiving funding should focus on, provide, or address any or all of the following:
- Preparatory skills, tutoring programs or projects that directly support and aid students.
- Innovative programs that build and strengthen educational development.
- Nutrition programs that support learning in the schools.
- Small capital needs within the classroom, departments or schools.
- After-school and summer programs that encourage learning outside the classroom.
Grant Size, Payment and Final Reports
Frada Fine Berkeley County Education Fund Grants are awarded on a reimbursable basis and normally range from $500 to $2,500. Receipts and invoices must be provided to the Community Foundation in order to receive grant payments. The Community Foundation may consider requests for advance distribution. A final report, including a summary of grant expenses, must be provided to the Community Foundation within seven (7) months of the grant being awarded in order to receive reimbursement. Extensions may be allowed with prior approval.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Charities Eligible to Apply:
- Public schools, nonprofit day-care centers and other 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations serving Berkeley County, West Virginia students are eligible to apply.
- Grantseekers are encouraged to submit proposals for specific projects and programs rather than for general support or operations.
- Programs that have already been completed are unlikely to be funded.
- No grants to individuals will be made.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Frada Fine Berkeley County Education Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.