Fred Baldwin Memorial Foundation Grants
Fred Baldwin Memorial Foundation
Grant amount: Approximately US $5,000
Next deadline: Aug 1, 2018 8:00pm PDT
Later deadlines: Feb 1, 2019 7:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project, Exhibitions
Location of project: Maui County, Hawaii
Location of residency: Maui County, HawaiiView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Welcome to the online community of the Fred Baldwin Memorial Foundation. The Trustees are proud to serve the legacy of Emily Alexander Baldwin and Henry Perrine Baldwin, and to honor the memory of their son, Fred Baldwin. As we celebrate over a century of service to the people of Maui, we invite you to explore the accomplishments of our grantees and the important work they carry on today.
The Fred Baldwin Memorial Foundation believes that supporting the people of Maui County and their environment is important, not just because of the impact on the community but because it reflects and perpetuates the shared values of our family and founders.
The Foundation’s Areas of Greatest Interest
- We support programs and projects that benefit the people of Maui County.
- We support organizations and programs for whom our modest grants will have the greatest impact.
- Evaluations are based on community need, quality of leadership, financial accountability, organizational stability and the projected cost of the program in relation to its benefits.
- We support human services, housing and health organizations that provide a safety net of services for those most vulnerable in our community.
- We support youth and educational organizations which create a robust learning environment.
- We support arts and culture in our community through funding of performances, exhibits, equipment, and facilities.
- We support environmental organizations designed to improve and preserve our natural resources.
- We support historical and heritage organizations dedicated to historical documentation
and cultural awareness.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must have 501(c)(3) status or must apply through a fiscal sponsor with 501 (c)(3) status.
- Applicants must be located in or have significant programs in Maui County.
- Grants are for a one-year term.
- Grantees may reapply for funding in subsequent years but generally the Foundation is not a source of ongoing support for any organization.
- Average grants are $5000 with occasional exceptions.
- Capital campaign requests, while not a priority, may be considered in some situations.
- Final reports must be submitted before a new grant will be considered.
- The Trustees prefer to support small capital requests or programs that are new or expanding.
- The Foundation does not fund
- loans or debt service
- funds for re-granting
- grants to individuals or units of government
- activities that have already occurred
- The Foundation does not accept applications from organizations with overdue reports.
- Grantees may not receive more than one grant at a time and no more than one grant in any twelve-month period.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fred Baldwin Memorial Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.