Frederick Soddy Postgraduate Award
Royal Geographical SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £6,000
Deadline: Jan 18, 2021
Applicant type: PhD Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Europe, United KingdomView website Save
The Frederick Soddy Postgraduate Award supports a PhD student undertaking geographical fieldwork and other forms of data collection in the UK or overseas. The fieldwork/research must lie within the rubric of the objects of the Frederick Soddy Trust: ‘the study of the social, economic and cultural life of a region’ anywhere in the world.
This award is administered by the RGS-IBG on behalf of the Trust. Each year one award will be made of up to £6,000, though this sum could in certain circumstances be split between two applicants.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be UK/EU nationals.
- Applicants must currently be registered for a PhD.
- Grants are available to individuals or small groups working together.
- Project expenses covered by the award can include, but are not limited to, travel, subsistence, equipment and field assistants.
- The awards support fieldwork/research in the UK or overseas.
- The RGS-IBG requires that the research it
funds be conducted in an ethical and
- The Society will not fund projects that take place in countries or within an area where the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all travel before the project goes into the field.
- Applicants registered on MPhil or other Masters courses are not eligible.
- Re-application for the same project is not permitted.
- Awards cannot be made retrospectively
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Frederick Soddy Postgraduate Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.