Cyprus Tohono Corporation Four Year Scholarship
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: May 15, 2018
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Arizona
Location of residency: Arizona
Exclusive to minorities: Yes
Minimum GPA: 2.5View website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Phoenix Indian Center is proud to continue the Cyprus Tohono Corporation Four Year Scholarship. The scholarship is funded by the Freeport-McMoran Foundation and administered by the Phoenix Indian Center, Inc. The scholarship is intended to be used for a four-year program of study at any of Arizona’s public universities.
It is the goal of Freeport-McMoran and Cyprus Tohono Corporation to create strong relationships with the students funded by this scholarship who are becoming model employees of the future.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This scholarship is open to any student who is an enrolled Native American residing in Arizona.
- The scholarship is intended to be used for a four-year program of study at any of Arizona’s public universities.
- This scholarship will cover tuition, fees, books, and room and board at the rate paid by an Arizona resident for four years.
- Candidate must enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours) in one of the following disciplines or degree programs:
- Minerals Engineering (mining, metallurgy, geology, chemical or environmental)
- Business or business-related majors (e.g., accounting, finance, economics, math)
- Education (e.g., teaching/ specifically in STEM related fields)
- Safety (e.g., occupational safety)
- Sustainability (e.g. environmental)
- Natural Sciences (e.g., chemistry, physics)
- Preference will be given to enrolled members of the Tohono O’odham Nation.
- Not applicable for part-time students.
- Not applicable for graduate school.
- In no event will a student receive a scholarship for more than a combined maximum of four years of undergraduate study.
- Student must submit an official transcript at conclusion of each academic year while receiving the scholarship.
- Retakes for any failed classes will not be allowed for continued funding
- Eligible degree program/disciplines does not include Life Sciences (e.g. biology, nursing, pharmacy, pre-med, public health)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cyprus Tohono Corporation Four Year Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.