Freeport-McMoRan Foundation: Native American College Scholarship
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Deadline: Jun 1, 2018
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Arizona
Location of residency: Arizona
Exclusive to minorities: Yes
Minimum GPA: 2.5View website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Freeport-McMoRan Foundation provides scholarships for students
attending community colleges, tribal colleges and four-year
universities. The scholarships are funded by the Freeport-McMoran
Foundation and administered by the Phoenix Indian Center, Inc.
program is open to students who are members of the Hualapai, San Carlos
Apache, Tohono O'odham and White Mountain Apache tribes.
value of this scholarship is $2,500/per semester for attendance at a
four-year university or tribal college and $1,250/per semester for
attendance at a community college. This scholarship covers one academic
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Student must be an enrolled member of one of the following tribes:
- San Carlos Apache
- White Mountain Apache
- Tohono O’odham
- Student is attending a community college or four-year public university in Arizona.
- Students entering college as freshman, as well as sophomores and juniors are welcome to apply.
- Candidate must enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours) in one of the following disciplines or degree programs:
- Minerals Engineering (mining, metallurgy, geology, chemical or environmental)
- Education (e.g., teaching/ specifically in STEM related fields)
- Business or business-related majors (e.g., accounting, finance, economics, math)
- Engineering (e.g. civil, chemical, electrical, mechanical)
- Life Sciences (e.g. biology, nursing, pharmacy, pre-med, public health)
- Natural Sciences (e.g., chemistry, physics)
- Sustainability (e.g. environmental)
- Technology (e.g., computer science, programming, database)
- Although secondary majors will be considered, preference will be given to primary majors.
- Not applicable for part-time students.
- Not applicable for graduate school.
- In no event will a student receive a scholarship for more than a combined maximum of four years of undergraduate study.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Freeport-McMoRan Foundation: Native American College Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.