Freeport-McMoRan Foundation: Native American Community Activities Contributions
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Arizona
Location of residency: ArizonaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Native American Community Activities Contributions program has been established to support local tribal activities.
It is our aim to support organizations, programs and projects that are addressing a priority issue/need. The identified priority issue areas are:
- Education & Training,
- Health & Wellness,
- Cultural Preservation,
- Economic Development, and
We also seek to support projects within these priority areas that support women’s development and engage elders.
Grant Awards Requests should be no more than $5,000 (per project/activity). Most contributions awarded will be range from $250-$2,500.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- It is our aim to support organizations, programs and projects that are addressing a priority issue/need.
- Qualifying tribes eligible to receive funding are:
- San Carlos Apache
- White Mountain Apache
- Tohono O’odham
- No more than $20,000 in total will be awarded to a single tribal community each year (through this Community Activities contributions program).
- Funds will not be awarded to the following:
- Organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) or other non-profit status as designated by the IRS. (Note: governmental/tribal offices or agencies are qualified as long as the project or activity is eligible as outlined in these guidelines).
- Foundations that intend to re-grant the funds
- Requests for individuals, including those for travel support, teams that are restrictive in participation or anything else that benefits a single individual or a very limited number of individuals.
- Advertising efforts
- Fraternal, labor or veteran organizations/activities limited to organization membership
- Religious activities, churches or church sponsored activities limited to church membership
- Political or lobbying activities
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Freeport-McMoRan Foundation: Native American Community Activities Contributions by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.