Freeport-McMoRan Foundation: Native American Community Activities Contributions
Freeport-McMoRan FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Arizona
Location of residency: ArizonaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Native American Community Activities Contributions program has been established to support local tribal activities.
It is our aim to support organizations, programs and projects that are addressing a priority issue/need. The identified priority issue areas are:
- Education & Training,
- Health & Wellness,
- Cultural Preservation,
- Economic Development, and
We also seek to support projects within these priority areas that support women’s development and engage elders.
Grant Awards Requests should be no more than $5,000 (per project/activity). Most contributions awarded will be range from $250-$2,500.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- It is our aim to support organizations, programs and projects that are addressing a priority issue/need.
- Qualifying tribes eligible to receive funding are:
- San Carlos Apache
- White Mountain Apache
- Tohono O’odham
- No more than $20,000 in total will be awarded to a single tribal community each year (through this Community Activities contributions program).
- Funds will not be awarded to the following:
- Organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) or other non-profit status as designated by the IRS. (Note: governmental/tribal offices or agencies are qualified as long as the project or activity is eligible as outlined in these guidelines).
- Foundations that intend to re-grant the funds
- Requests for individuals, including those for travel support, teams that are restrictive in participation or anything else that benefits a single individual or a very limited number of individuals.
- Advertising efforts
- Fraternal, labor or veteran organizations/activities limited to organization membership
- Religious activities, churches or church sponsored activities limited to church membership
- Political or lobbying activities
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Freeport-McMoRan Foundation: Native American Community Activities Contributions by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.