Freeport-McMoRan Foundation: Native American Partnership Fund Grant
Freeport-McMoRan FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $50,000
Deadline: May 30, 2020
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Arizona
Location of residency: ArizonaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Native American Partnership Fund has been established to support projects that address priority issues and needs identified through ongoing engagement between Freeport-McMoRan and tribal leaders/community members.
The identified priority issue areas are:
- Education & Training,
- Health & Wellness, and
- Cultural Preservation.
We are also seeking programs within these priority areas that support women’s development and engage elders.
The Fund has also been established to support programs and projects that encourage a strong focus on capacity-building, community development and sustainability.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Qualifying tribes are:
- Hualapai Tribe
- San Carlos Apache Tribe
- Tohono O’odham Tribe
- White Mountain Apache Tribe
- It is our aim to support organizations, programs and projects that are addressing a priority issue/need.
- All applicants MUST submit a tribal resolution demonstrating their project has been approved by the respective Tribal Council.
- Eligible Projects should:
- Focus on initiatives/outcomes that will be sustainable beyond the life of Freeport- McMoRan
- Benefit the community as a whole and not a single organization or individual
- Have a clear purpose and operate transparently based on demonstrated need for project
- Measure and evaluate impact
- The maximum indirect cost allowed by the Freeport-McMoRan Foundation is 8% of direct project costs.
- Funds will not be awarded to the following:
- Organizations that do not have 501c-3 or other non-profit status as designated by the IRS
- Foundations that intend to re-grant the funds
- Requests for individuals, including those for travel support, teams that are restrictive in participation (such as All Star teams), or anything else that benefits a single individual or a very limited number of individuals.
- Advertising efforts
- Fraternal, labor or veteran organizations/activities limited to organization membership
- Religious activities, churches or church sponsored activities limited to church membership
- Political or lobbying activities
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Freeport-McMoRan Foundation: Native American Partnership Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.