Fund for Excellence in Essex County: Capacity building for Essex County Collaborations
Essex County Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 12, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Essex County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: Essex County, MassachusettsView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Fund for Excellence in Essex County (FEEC) supports nonprofit organizations in Essex County by providing capacity building grants. These grants strengthen nonprofit organizations ability to perform their work more effectively through improving their infrastructure. By investing in capacity building, ECCF is demonstrating our commitment to the foundational support of nonprofit organizations that will ultimately impact the people and places that make up our community of Essex County.
Capacity building for Essex County Collaborations
ECCF will award capacity building grants to nonprofit collaborations that have demonstrated the ability to work together and are committed to high-level impact in Essex County. These grants are designed to provide Essex County collaborations with the capacity building funding that will transform their ability to reach their full potential.
Collaboration can be a powerful tool to combine spheres of influence, cost efficiencies, align work, strategies, and innovate. ECCF recognizes the value of collaboration as one of the many important tools to affect the greatest good. To that end, we are committed to supporting the capacity of organizations working on existing collaborative efforts across Essex County. Our intention is to provide collaborations in Essex County with a one-time transformational grant that will help them reach their full potential. ECCF will award capacity building grants to nonprofit collaborations in Essex County who demonstrate how a capacity building grant from ECCF will elevate their work to new levels, allowing them to reach their full potential and ultimately those they set out to serve.
The 2018 awards will be one-year grants of up to $15,000. Funding is limited and the grant program is highly competitive.
ECCF understands that collaborations have many costs. Examples of possible funding opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluation and measurement
- Technical support
- Consultant fees related to strategic development or collaborative execution
- Systems integration
- Time of senior staff to develop the collaboration
- Professional development for senior staff
- Equipment that is solely related to the collaboration
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Massachusetts 501(c)3 agencies located in and serving Essex County citizens working in the broad areas of arts and culture, education, environment, healthy, social and community services and youth development.
- Please note that there is no longer a limit on the size of the organization's operating budget to be eligible to apply.
- Due to some additional funding opportunities, ECCF is encouraging proposals from organizations with missions relating to the environment.
- ECCF is committed to non-discrimination.
- We support organizations that use all reasonable efforts to recruit, hire, train, promote and serve persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where such status is a bona fide qualification for the service being provided and is related to the organization's mission.
- Stand-alone programs within umbrella organizations may be eligible for capacity building support if they meet the following criteria:
- The umbrella organization provides the 501(c)3 status but not much more
- The program has a separate budget and must raise its own funds to cover this budget. The umbrella organization may cover a small amount of the administrative costs.
- There is a letter of agreement/understanding between the program and the umbrella organization.
- Grants will not be awarded:
- To individuals
- To organizations located outside of Essex County
- For sectarian or religious purposes
- For political purposes
- For debt or deficit reduction
- For capital campaigns for buildings, land acquisition or endowment
- To support academic research
- To address funding gaps due to mismanagement or poor planning
- To support work that has already taken place
- For purposes which are generally a public sector responsibility
- For feasibility studies
- For website development
- To state and local government agencies
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fund for Excellence in Essex County: Capacity building for Essex County Collaborations by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.