Fund for Excellence in Essex County Grants
Essex County Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: May 1, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Essex County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: Essex County, MassachusettsView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Fund for Excellence in Essex County (FEEC) grants support specific projects that strengthen the capacity of a nonprofit organization to perform its work more effectively through improving their infrastructure. For the funding cycle, ECCF will award FEEC grants to assist organizations in buiding more equitable, diverse and inclusive cultures, environments, programs and/or services.
Examples of types of projects that would be considered for these grants include:
- Organizational development
- Board training, development and engagement
- Staff training, development and engagement
- Leadership coaching and development
- Human resources consulting
- Strategic planning
- Program/service design and development
- Community engagement
ECCF awards one-year grants of up to $7,500. Funding is limited and the grant program is highly competitive.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Massachusetts 501(c)3 agencies located in and serving Essex County citizens working in the broad areas of arts and culture, education, environment, healthy, social and community services and youth development.
- Please note that there is no longer a limit on the size of the organization's operating budget to be eligible to apply.
- Due to some additional funding opportunities, ECCF is encouraging proposals from organizations with missions relating to the environment.
- ECCF is committed to non-discrimination.
- We support organizations that use all reasonable efforts to recruit, hire, train, promote and serve persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where such status is a bona fide qualification for the service being provided and is related to the organization's mission.
- Stand-alone programs within umbrella organizations may be eligible for capacity building support if they meet the following criteria:
- The umbrella organization provides the 501(c)3 status but not much more
- The program has a separate budget and must raise its own funds to cover this budget. The umbrella organization may cover a small amount of the administrative costs.
- There is a letter of agreement/understanding between the program and the umbrella organization.
- Staff salaries are not eligible for funding.
- However, consultant fees directly tied to developing the capacity of the organization to successfully transition may be considered.
- In addition, grants will not be awarded:
- To individuals
- To organizations located outside of Essex County
- For sectarian or religious purposes
- For political purposes
- For debt or deficit reduction
- For capital campaigns for buildings, land acquisition or endowment
- To support academic research
- To address funding gaps due to mismanagement or poor planning
- To support work that has already taken place
- For purposes which are generally a public sector responsibility
- For feasibility studies
- For website development
- To state and local government agencies
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fund for Excellence in Essex County Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.