Fund for Lake Michigan Grant
Fund for Lake MichiganSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $250,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 23, 2019 (Pre proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 24, 2019 (Pre proposal)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Wisconsin: Adams County, Ashland County, Bayfield County, Brown County, Calumet County, Columbia County, Dodge County, Door County, Douglas County, Florence County, Fond du Lac County, Forest County, Green Lake County, Iron County, Kenosha County, Kewaunee County, Langlade County, Manitowoc County, Marathon County, Marinette County, Marquette County, Menominee County, Milwaukee County, Oconto County, Oneida County, Outagamie County, Ozaukee County, Portage County, Racine County, Shawano County, Sheboygan County, Vilas County, Washington County, Waukesha County, Waupaca County, Waushara County, Winnebago County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Fund for Lake Michigan
The mission of the Fund for Lake Michigan is to improve the health of Lake Michigan, its shoreline and river systems, for the benefit of the people and communities that depend on it for water, recreation and commerce.
The Fund is seeking projects that improve the water quality of Lake Michigan through habitat restoration, pollutant reduction, stream restoration, or improvements to coastal areas in Wisconsin.
Priority will be given to on‐the‐ground projects that have near‐term , direct and quantifiable impacts on
water quality in the Lake Michigan watershed, including protecting critical natural habitats and making water resources more swimmable, fishable and drinkable.
The Fund may consider applied research projects that provide information important in advancing on‐the‐ground conservation. Similarly, education might be considered as a component of outreach plans embedded in larger watershed or coastal projects.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are made only to 501(c) (3) nonprofit organizations and to governmental agencies.
- Geographically, Fund for Lake Michigan grants are targeted to the Lake Michigan shoreline, near shore areas and watersheds within the Lake Michigan basin in Wisconsin.
- The Fund for Lake Michigan will also consider a small number of grants outside the Lake Michigan watershed and within the Madison Gas and Electric’s service territory.
- Special consideration will be given to projects that leverage significant public and private investments from other Lake Michigan and Great Lakes donors.
- Priority will be given to projects in southeast Wisconsin.
- The Fund typically does not support stand-alone advocacy efforts, general research projects, or education.
- The Fund may consider applied research projects that provide information important in advancing on-the-ground conservation or restoration.
- Similarly, education might be considered as a component of outreach plans embedded in larger projects.
- The Fund generally does not support grey infrastructure projects or provide general operational support.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fund for Lake Michigan Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.