Fund for Wild Nature Grant
Fund for Wild Nature
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $3,000
Next deadline: Oct 1, 2018
Later deadlines: May 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Canada, United States, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands Expand all
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Fund for Wild Nature provides small grants for North American campaigns to save native species and wild ecosystems, with particular emphasis on actions designed to defend threatened wilderness and biological diversity.
We fund advocacy, litigation, public policy work, development of citizen science, and similar endeavors. We will only fund media projects that have a clear, significant strategic value to biodiversity and a concrete plan for dissemination of the final product.
The Fund supports biocentric goals that are premised on effective and intelligible strategies. We seek proposals with visionary and yet realistic goals to create tangible change. All proposals must be highly cost effective.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Funded organizations are required to be tax exempt non-profits under the federal tax laws of Canada or the United States (I.R.S. 501(c)(3) or the Canadian equivalent).
- If your project is fiscally sponsored, the same requirements apply to your sponsor.
- If your project is not clearly and directly connected to these priorities, please explain the link.
- We will only consider one proposal per year per grantee.
- In the event your organization decides to apply for a new grant shortly before the one year anniversary of your previous grant, you must submit your final report contemporaneously (or early) so that the board may evaluate the previous project.
- We give special attention to ecological issues not currently receiving sufficient public attention and funding.
- We do not fund projects outside Canada, the U.S.A or their federally recognized territories.
- We do not fund:
- basic scientific research
- private land acquisition
- for-profit enterprises
- individual action or study
- organizations which receive ANY government funding or support
- Although we commend the work of wildlife sanctuaries, wildlife rehabilitation facilities, botanical gardens, learning centers, and habitat restoration, these are beyond the scope of our mission and for that reason we do not fund this type of work.
- We do not consider proposals from organizations with annual budgets in excess of U.S. $250,000.
- Please do not ask for more than $3,000 or we will ask that you re-submit your proposal.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fund for Wild Nature Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.