Fund for York County Grants
York County Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Next deadline: Mar 3, 2020
Later deadlines: Aug 7, 2020
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: York County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: PennsylvaniaView website Save
About this funder:
The Fund for York County is the foundation’s fund to address the needs of a changing York County. This Fund’s focus areas are:
- Workforce Development and
- Downtown or Neighborhood Revitalization.
Competitive grants are open to any qualified organization interested in pursuing a grant in the Fund’s focus areas. Fund for York County competitive grant awards have a maximum amount of either $6,000 (for small competitive grants) or $20,000 (for higher impact competitive grants). Click here for examples of our different funding levels.
In general, large-scale programs designed to address a critical community issue are more likely to be eligible for partnership grant funding, especially if they are developed in partnership with YCCF and designed in partnership with collaborating nonprofits. Partnership grants have the highest bar to get funded and a flexible cap for funds awarded.
Key components of partnership grants
- Larger grant, perhaps requiring longer timeframe and/or multiyear funding.
- Will be broad in scope, e.g., not a single population but an entire sector.
- Examples include
- collaborative programs to reduce the rate of low birthweight babies throughout York City;
- foster county-wide economic prosperity;
- address the housing shortage for low-income seniors; or
- foster economic and community development in Delta.
- Typically, will be a new approach, or will have nonprofits working together in new ways.
- YCCF’s level of engagement will be high throughout process.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded to nonprofit organizations, government agencies or public school districts.
- The following is the criteria for a qualifying organization:
- If a nonprofit, must be classified as a 501(c) (3) public charity under the Internal Revenue Code (this does not apply to government agencies or public school districts).
- If a nonprofit, must have 501(c) (3) status for at least one year.
- Must provide services directly to York County.
- Must be up-to-date on any active interim or post-grant reports before applying for a new grant.
- Individuals are not qualified applicants.
- Grants are NOT provided for:
- Endowments, capital campaigns, budget shortfalls, debt retirement or association dues.
- Sectarian religious programs.
- Organizations with discriminatory employment or program practices.
- Any form of direct financial assistance to individuals.
- Reimbursement for programs, programs or items purchased before grant is authorized.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fund for York County Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.