Bruce Williams Foundation Research Grant
Fur Institute of Canada
Grant amount: Up to C $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 15, 2018
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Bruce Williams Foundation (BWF) is soliciting proposals for projects from students and professionals in Canadian academic research institutions undertaking research work in the field of wildlife biology, conservation, animal welfare or public policy related to responsible management and sustainable‐use of wild and/or farmed furbearing animals.
- To foster research and study of furbearer management techniques and practices;
- To support unique opportunities for students or researchers that will build capacity for sustainable use and management of furbearers;
- To financially support high‐quality research and development; and
- To assist academic research institutions and the wider community in gaining access to new, outstanding research in this field.
- Strengthening our understanding or application of furbearer biology and population ecology in support of furbearer use, conservation and management.
- Improving methods, systems or tools for animal husbandry, animal welfare and harvest in support of the sustainable and responsible use of furbearers.
- Enhancing the supportive public policy, legislation and regulatory frameworks that guide the role of trapping in furbearer management, wildlife control or species recovery.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be either students or professionals currently studying/employed by an NSERC, SSHRC, or CIHR eligible Canadian academic or research institution*
- A list of NSERC, SSHRC, and CIHR eligible institutions can be found here.
- Applicants must be able to show clear evidence of an independent research program.
- Individual applicants can only submit one application to the BWF per Award Year.
- Funds applied for may be in support of a specific project or as a component of a larger applicable project.
- Completed studies are not eligible to receive funding.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bruce Williams Foundation Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.