Future Fisheries Improvement Grant Program
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks
Grant amount: Up to US $350,000
Next deadline: Dec 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Jun 1, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Individuals Indigenous Group College / University
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Montana
Location of residency: MontanaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Future Fisheries Improvement Program
For almost two decades, FWP's Future Fisheries Improvement Program has worked to restore rivers, streams, and lakes to improve and restore Montana's wild fish habitats. Between $350,000 and $650,000 are available each year for projects that revitalize wild fish populations. Any entity proposing a project that would benefit wild fish will be considered for funding.
An independent citizen review panel evaluates all applications and makes funding recommendations to the Fish & Wildlife Commission.
Use of Funds
Program funding may be provided for costs of design/build, construction, and maintenance of projects that restore, enhance, or protect habitat for wild fishes.
Applicants must demonstrate benefits to the public and accomplish one or more of the goals listed below:
- Improve or maintain fish passage.
- Restore or protect naturally functioning stream channels or banks.
- Restore or protect naturally functioning riparian areas.
- Prevent loss of fish into diversions.
- Restore or protect essential habitats for spawning.
- Enhance stream flow to improve fisheries.
- Restore or protect native fish populations.
- Improve fishing in a lake or reservoir.
- Restore or protect habitat for wild fish populations in other ways.
Project applicants must also affirm that work would be conducted with the approval of the landowner on whose property the project is being completed, and would not interfere with water or property rights of adjacent landowners.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any entity with a good on-the-ground project that benefits wild fish can apply for funding through the Future Fisheries Program, including (but is not limited to):
- civic groups,
- conservation districts, or
- governmental agencies.
- Preference will be given to projects that restore habitats for native fishes.
- Funding cannot be used for administration, coordination, overhead, monitoring, watershed assessments, design alone, travel, or contingency costs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Future Fisheries Improvement Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.