MarineGEO Postdoctoral Fellowship
Smithsonian Institution (SI)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $63,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 15, 2019 8:59pm PST
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research, Fellowship
Location of project: Belize, Panama, Florida, Maryland
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
MarineGEO seeks to:
- Transform our understanding of biological and ecological processes in marine ecosystems, including forces of change and consequences for society, through application of integrative, multidisciplinary approaches across space and time.
- Provide the science needed to improve ocean health (e.g., resilience and sustainability).
Two cornerstones of MarineGEO are:
- the use of standardized, repeated, long-term research
- coordinated experiments conducted across the Smithsonian’s facilities and an expanding global network of diverse partners.
This approach is designed:
- to achieve rigorous comparative understanding across space and time
- to understand variation in coastal marine ecosystems
- to assess links between local and global environmental forcing, biodiversity, and functioning of ecosystems.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must have completed their Ph.D. before commencing the fellowship.
- Proposals must focus on comparative research that directly addresses MarineGEO goals and questions about overarching research themes listed above.
- Projects must involve at least two Smithsonian TMON facilities.
- Projects should be scoped to a level that the fellow can accomplish alone or with limited assistance.
- If field assistance is required (e.g., for diving), proposals should include estimates of those needs.
- Individuals who have been employees at the Smithsonian within the previous year are not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MarineGEO Postdoctoral Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.