FY24 Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects
US Department of the Interior: Bureau of Reclamation (USBR)
Deadline: The deadline for this grant has passed
Grant amount: Up to US $800,000
Fields of work: Water Resource Management Sanitation & Clean Drinking Water
Applicant type: Individuals, Organizations
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
The United States Department of the Interior (Department), Bureau of Reclamation’s (Reclamation) Desalination and Water Purification Research Program (DWPR) works with Reclamation researchers and partners to develop innovative, cost-effective, and technologically efficient ways to desalinate and treat water.
DWPR funding plays a critical role in iterating an idea from the lab to a real-world demonstration, yielding products that serve the water treatment community and attract commercialization interest. Reclamation is interested in research where the benefits are widespread but where private-sector entities are not able to make the full investment and assume all the risks. Reclamation is also interested in research that has a national significance—where the issues are of large-scale concern and the benefits accrue to a large sector of the public.
The goal of the DWPR program is to address the need to reduce the costs, energy requirements, and environmental impacts of treating impaired and unusable water. The program also aligns with Executive Order (E.O.) 14008, “Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad,” by investing in development and application of advanced water treatment technologies that expand access to otherwise unusable water resources, thereby increasing water supply flexibility under the risks of long-term climate change and shorter-term drought.
We've imported the main document for this grant to give you an overview. You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's
- Water Conservation Field Services Program: Financial Assistance for Fiscal Year 2024
- WaterSMART Aquatic Ecosystem Restoration Projects for Fiscal Year 2023
- WaterSMART Cooperative Watershed Management Program Phase I for Fiscal Year 2023
- WaterSMART: Desalination Construction Projects Under the WIIN Act for Fiscal Years 2023 and 2024
- WaterSMART Grants: Water and Energy Efficiency Grants for Fiscal Year 2024
- WaterSMART: Large-Scale Water Recycling Projects for Fiscal Years 2023 and 2024
- WaterSMART Planning and Project Design Grants For FY 2023 and FY 2024
- WaterSMART Small-Scale Water Efficiency Projects For Fiscal Year 2024 and Fiscal Year 2025
- WaterSMART: Title XVI Congressionally Authorized Water Reclamation and Reuse Projects for Fiscal Years 2023 and 2024
- WaterSMART: Title XVI WIIN Act Water Reclamation and Reuse Projects for Fiscal Years 2023 and 2024
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”