GA Research Awards
Geologists' Association (GA)
Grant amount: Up to £600
Deadline: Nov 15, 2018
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Unaffiliated Researcher
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Since its formation in 1858, the GA has actively promoted the study of geology to all who are interested in the past, present and future of the natural world. It is a friendly and inclusive organisation and welcomes everyone, regardless of the level of their knowledge.
The objectives of the Association shall be:
- To promote the study of Geology and its allied sciences by holding Ordinary Meetings for the purpose of hearing lectures and encouraging discussion among Members, and by arranging Field Meetings
- To extend knowledge of the science by demonstration and publication, by the maintenance of a library, and by such other means as the Council may from time to time determine.
- To promote interest in Geology at all levels of knowledge
- To promote awareness of our geological heritage
This award is typically for claims to support fieldwork or museum visits (travel and subsistence costs), purchase laboratory consumables (although not major pieces of equipment) or pay for dating of samples (although enquiries concerning radiocarbon dating should be sent initially to the Awards Officer before an application is made).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The GA Research Awards are available to all members of the Geologists’ Association of at least one year's standing, irrespective of age and status, to foster research in any area of earth sciences.
- A more limited amount of funding is also available to non-members for fieldwork.
- Applicants submitting full-length articles are not required to submit the brief report in addition.
- Grants can be used for any scientific purpose deemed suitable by the Awards Committee.
- Awards and grants are
made to those whose place of work is in the UK.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- The GA Research Awards do not generally fund labour costs or salaried posts.
- Not more than one award will be made to an individual in any one calendar year.
- The GA will not consider retrospective applications, i.e. to support activities that will already have occurred prior to the deadline date.
- No grant shall be
made to a Member of Council.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the GA Research Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.