Strategic Initiative: Expanding Philanthropy & the Social Economy - GABY Grants
Sacramento Region Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $50 - US $750
Anticipated deadline: Nov 17, 2018 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in California: El Dorado County, Placer County, Sacramento County, Yolo County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Grants Advisory Board for Youth (GABY) Grants
This year's theme is "Youth Promoting Equity in the Community." Get inspired about a cause and commit to giving, serving and taking action within your community. If you are interested in making a difference in our community, apply now by following the guidelines below. GABY will make grants up to $750.
The Grants Advisory Board for Youth (GABY) supports youth to develop their knowledge of philanthropy, skills for serving their community, and resources for implementing youth-led projects. Since its inception in 2003, GABY has granted $509,200 to 319 youth-led projects throughout the Sacramento region.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Guidelines: Please read the statements below to see if your project and team fit within the GABY guidelines.
- Does your project:
- Involve youth in meaningful leadership and decision-making roles, so that they are regarded as resources, not just recipients of services
- Develop youth’s problem solving, planning, and other life skills to prepare them to take on adult roles and responsibilities
- Connect youth to their own communities so that they can become knowledgeable and contribute to their own communities
- Promote interaction and cooperation among youth and between youth and adults
- Impact youth in the community, not just the project planner
- Respond to the theme of "Youth Promoting Equity in the Community"
- Take place in Sacramento, Yolo, Placer or El Dorado County
- About your team
- Our team is youth-led and involves youth as team members.
- Youth are defined as 10 to 19 years old.
- Our team includes supervision.
- Our team has an agency sponsor that is a nonprofit organization or a school.
- An agency sponsor is an organization that is legally recognized as a charity.
- They receive a special certification from the government called 501c3.
- Our project team and agency sponsor commits to follow-up reporting with the Foundation.
- Things a GABY Grant Can Pay For:
- Materials or supplies cover physical items you will most likely use up in order to complete your project.
- For example: refreshments, art supplies, prizes, decorations, equipment or space rental, etc.
- Equipment includes items that will likely last beyond the term of the project. (i.e. books, software, cameras, etc.)
- The agency sponsor will own the equipment after the end of the grant.
- Travel includes bus passes, auto rental, or other transportation costs within the eligible counties.
- Professional services include fees paid for speakers, entertainers, trainers or other professionals hired as a part of your project.
- This does not include payment of fees to the youth team members.
- Communications/outreach include postage, printing, design and other costs for producing publications or fees associated with marketing/media coverage.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Strategic Initiative: Expanding Philanthropy & the Social Economy - GABY Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.