Gannett Foundation Community Action Grants
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 16, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Aug 17, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Guam, Montgomery County, Alabama, Baxter County, Arkansas, Counties in California: Monterey County, Riverside County, Tulare County, Larimer County, Colorado, New Castle County, Delaware, Counties in Florida: Brevard County, Escambia County, Lee County, Leon County, Counties in Indiana: Delaware County, Tippecanoe County, Wayne County, Counties in Iowa: Johnson County, Polk County, Jefferson County, Kentucky, Counties in Louisiana: Caddo Parish, Lafayette Parish, Ouachita Parish, Rapides Parish, St. Landry Parish, Counties in Michigan: Calhoun County, Clinton County, Eaton County, Ingham County, Livingston County, St. Clair County, Wayne County, Counties in Minnesota: Benton County, Sherburne County, Stearns County, Counties in Mississippi: Forrest County, Lamar County, Counties in Missouri: Christian County, Greene County, Cascade County, Montana, Washoe County, Nevada, Counties in New Jersey: Camden County, Cumberland County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Somerset County, Counties in New York: Broome County, Chemung County, Dutchess County, Monroe County, Tompkins County, Westchester County, Buncombe County, North Carolina, Counties in Ohio: Coshocton County, Crawford County, Hamilton County, Licking County, Marion County, Muskingum County, Ottawa County, Richland County, Ross County, Sandusky County, Counties in Oregon: Marion County, Polk County, Greenville County, South Carolina, Counties in South Dakota: Lincoln County, Minnehaha County, Counties in Tennessee: Davidson County, Madison County, Montgomery County, Rutherford County, Washington County, Utah, Chittenden County, Vermont, Staunton city, Virginia, Counties in Wisconsin: Brown County, Calumet County, Fond du Lac County, Manitowoc County, Marathon County, Outagamie County, Portage County, Sheboygan County, Winnebago County, Wood County Expand all
Location of residency: United States, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Virgin Islands Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Gannett Foundation is a corporate foundation sponsored by Gannett Co., Inc. Through its Community Grant Program, Gannett Foundation supports nonprofit activities in the communities in which Gannett does business.
Our community action grant priorities include:
- education and neighborhood improvement,
- economic development,
- youth development,
- community problem-solving,
- assistance to disadvantaged people,
- environmental conservation,
- and cultural enrichment.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations must be determined by the IRS to be a tax-exempt public charity under §501(c)(3).
- Like many donors, we receive many more requests than we can fund. As a result, grants will not be considered for the following purposes:
- private foundations
- organizations not determined by the IRS to be a tax-exempt public charity under §501(c)(3)
- organizations classified by the IRS as 509(a)(3)
- national or regional organizations unless their programs address specific local community needs
- programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets
- elementary or secondary schools (except to provide special initiatives or programs not provided by regular school budgets)
- political action or legislative advocacy groups
- endowment funds
- multiple-year pledge campaigns
- medical or research organizations, including organizations funding single disease research
- organizations located in or benefiting nations other than the US and its territories
- fraternal groups, athletic teams, bands, volunteer firefighters or similar groups
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Gannett Foundation Community Action Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.