GCF: COVID-19 Community Response Grant Program
Golden Civic FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Poverty Alleviation & Services Affordable Housing Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Basic Human Needs Health Care Access & Delivery Emergency Medical Care & Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Jefferson County, Colorado
Location of residency: Jefferson County, ColoradoView website Save
About this funder:
The Golden Civic Foundation has a proven 50-year history of partnering with residents, government, businesses, schools, and nonprofit organizations to ensure essential programs and services work together to achieve positive change. In this challenging time of economic distress and uncertainty, we have formed the COVID-19 Community Response Fund to provide relief to City of Golden community members that have been the most critically impacted by the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. Established Nonprofit and Community-Based Relief Organizations are often the most effective means of reaching community members in need.
The Foundation established the Fund through private donations and local government funds and will administer the Grant Program. The Fund is intended for rapid deployment of resources to the local Golden community via front-line non-profit organizations to address basic and urgent needs such as food, housing, and other financial burdens as a direct result of the pandemic. The Fund is unable to provide financial assistance to for-profit businesses.
The Golden Civic Foundation will be working closely with the City of Golden and local non-profit leaders to ensure that the grants awarded from this Fund address the greatest needs in our City resulting from the COVID-19 crisis. Initially, award funds will be allocated to well established and highly visible community-based organizations, including the Golden Backpack Program, the Christian Action Guild, and the Neighborhood Rehab Project. These organizations are direct witnesses to community need and have experience and a reputable history of providing people and families in our Golden community with the most needed services and support. As this crisis continues to unfold, other unknown needs that arise may be addressed by the Fund. Please review the following information before submitting a COVID-19 Community Response Grant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Community-based organizations that meet the following three criteria are eligible to apply:
- Organization type: Applicant organizations must be classified as a 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service or be a local government agency or public school.
- Population served: Applicant organizations must operate within the City of Golden and funds must be used for the benefit of Golden residents.
- Alignment with one of the Fund’s three funding priority areas: Eligible organizations must demonstrate that they are meeting a community-driven need through their programs and services within one of the three priority areas.
- The Foundation does not consider grants to organizations which discriminate on the basis of race, creed, or gender. Additionally, no grants will be made to an organization whose primary purpose is to influence legislation or to participate in a political campaign.
- The Foundation will not consider grants for:
- Direct support of individuals.
- Research projects.
- Conferences, symposiums, or workshops.
- Debt retirement.
- Production of films or other media-related projects.
- For profit preschools, day care centers, nursing homes, etc.
- Programs designed to influence legislation or elect candidates to public office.
- Tickets, raffles, golf outings, or sponsorships.
- For-profit businesses.