GCRCF: COVID-19 Disaster Response Fund
Greater Cedar Rapids Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: More than US $1,000
Fields of work: Mental Health & Psychiatric Diseases Health Care Access & Delivery Preventative Healthcare Educational Access & Equity Human & Social Services
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Linn County, Iowa
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The COVID-19 Disaster Response Fund
The COVID-19 Disaster Response Fund helps address health and human service needs that have emerged from the COVID-19 pandemic and the related economic crisis, with a particular focus on vulnerable populations.
The COVID-19 Disaster Response Fund will support basic human needs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and the related economic crisis. The fund priorities primarily align with the coordination efforts addressed at regular meetings of the Linn Area Partners Active in Disaster.
- Information distributions/communication.
- Food security and distribution.
- Medical services and supportive public health practices.
- Mental health services.
- Financial resiliency and stability for individuals and families.
- Legal services.
- Housing and shelter.
- Essential transportation.
- Access to educational opportunities for vulnerable children.
Applicants are encouraged to consider the equity impact of the pandemic, including:
- Communities that were already vulnerable prior to the pandemic.
- Culturally appropriate pandemic responses.
- For additional information, see COVID-19 Equity Facts.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The COVID-19 Disaster Response Fund accepts applications from 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and governmental entities serving Linn County, Iowa.
- Organizations that are providing the above services may also apply for adaptations to meet the safety and security needs of their staff and clients.
- Priority will be given to organizations that are working cooperatively with other organizations.