Gellert Foundation Grant
Carl Gellert & Celia Berta Gellert FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Aug 14, 2020
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $300,000
Fields of work: Homelessness Services Affordable Housing Education - K through 12 Religious / Theological Education
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, Napa County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Solano County, Sonoma County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, Napa County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Solano County, Sonoma County Show allView website Save
About this funder:
Carl Gellert and Celia Berta Gellert Foundation
The Carl Gellert and Celia Berta Gellert Foundation has made grants to charities all across the nine counties of the San Francisco Bay Area for nearly 20 years.
The Foundation has supported numerous charitable causes over the years, from supporting educational institutions to social services for the homeless, low-income housing, and religious, public, and private school education.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Our Foundation’s policy is to promote exclusively religious, charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes, restricted to local giving in the nine counties of the greater San Francisco Bay Area - Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano and Sonoma.
- We only accept requests from organizations that are exempt from filing federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code that are also considered public charities under Sections 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2) and 170(b)(1)(A) of that code.
- The Foundation only accepts one request per organization for only one project per year.
- The following are not funded by the Foundation:
- organizations which do not have proof of current IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt status AND classification as a public charity under Sections 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), or 509(a)(2), or 509(a)(3), types I or II,
- fiscal sponsors,
- private foundations, and
- organizations outside the nine counties of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- In addition, the Foundation does not fund sponsorships or fund-raising events such as dinners, walk-a-thons, tournaments, fashion shows, etc., or lobbying and attempts to influence legislation.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”