Irene E. & George A. Davis Foundation: General Operating Grants
Irene E. & George A. Davis FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $200,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Hampden County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: Hampden County, MassachusettsView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
What We Do
The Irene E. & George A. Davis Foundation supports a variety of nonprofit organizations seeking to improve the quality of life for those residing in Hampden County, with particular focus in the areas of education and early literacy.
The Foundation’s investments in the community are designed to improve outcomes and life prospects for our region’s youngest citizens through strategic supports in the critical areas of early childhood and education PreK-16.
In order to serve as an agent of change, the Davis Foundation believes it is essential to incorporate a multi-disciplinary approach to its work.
Change strategies used by the Foundation include:
- A targeted, strategic grantmaking program focused largely on young children and their families, but also emphasizing engagement in education PreK-16 and other catalyzing community initiatives
- Convening stakeholders to foster opportunities for networking and organizing on critical community issues
- Engaging in public policy and advocacy in support of issues critical to the success of children, youth and families
- Investing in study, research and data collection to inform the Foundation's work and the work of its partners and stakeholders
- Employing strategic communications strategies to build public awareness, engagements and resolve
- Leveraging the Foundation's efforts by working to connect local, state and national public and private resources in support of critical issues facing Hampden County
General Operating Grants
The Irene E. & George A. Davis Foundation awards Hampden County nonprofit organizations General Operating Grants and uses the following criteria to guide its decision making:
- Grants will be awarded in support of enhancing operations
- Grants are considered for organizations that are stable and in a situation where an unrestricted grant can enhance operations not resolve a crisis
- Organizations can apply for a General Operating Grant on an annual basis
- Organizations are expected to develop performances objectives outlining how this type of grant support will enable them to strengthen their programs and/or organizational capacity. These performance objectives should be aligned with your strategic plan and have specific assessment criteria focused on impact—what will change in your organization as a result of this type of funding?
- Grants are approved on an annual basis and cover no more than a 12-month timeframe
- Receipt of a General Operating Grant does not in any way guarantee future funding. Each year grants are reviewed and assessed based on the current situation at an organization and the organization's success at accomplishing its performance objectives
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Priority for General Operating Grants will be given to organizations aligned with the Foundation’s initiatives in support of Early Childhood Programs, Education Grades K-16, and Out-of-School Time Programs and/or organizations that operate OST programs.
- General Operating Grants are not awarded to individuals .
- Grants are not generally awarded to organizations operating outside of Hampden County .
- Grants are competitive and not all applications can be approved .
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Irene E. & George A. Davis Foundation: General Operating Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.