Mid-Hudson Valley General Operating Support Grants
Dyson FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $475,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in New York: Columbia County, Dutchess County, Greene County, Orange County, Putnam County, Ulster County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Columbia County, Dutchess County, Greene County, Orange County, Putnam County, Ulster County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Note: General operating support grants are aligned with the grantee's fiscal year. Organizations applying to the Dyson Foundation for general operating support for the first time must submit an initial letter of inquiry no later than six months prior to the start of their fiscal year.
The Dyson Foundation is strongly committed to the Mid-Hudson Valley, New York State counties of Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, and Ulster. We have a particular emphasis on Dutchess County, our home community.
The Dyson Foundation works to improve people's lives through grant funding, promoting philanthropy, and strengthening the capacity of nonprofit organizations.
General Operating Support Grants
The Dyson Foundation makes general operating support grants available to 501(c)(3) organizations in the Mid-Hudson Valley (Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, and Ulster counties) who are addressing basis human needs such as food, housing, health care, and other human services.
General operating support grants may be used to cover day-to-day activities or ongoing expenses such as administrative salaries, utilities, office supplies, technology maintenance, etc., as well as for project costs, capital, technology purchases, and professional development.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for funding through this initiative, one or more of the collaborating organizations must be a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization, a library, or unit of government based in and primarily serving the Mid-Hudson Valley: Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, and Ulster counties
- To be eligible to apply for a general operating support grant, an organization must:
- ascribe to these principles of best practice relative to nonprofit governance, finance, public disclosure, and programming;
- have been a recipient of a Dyson Foundation project grant within the past three years (receiving a MAP mini-grant does not meet this criteria);
- have a mission and programs consistent with core funding interests of the Dyson Foundation; and
- have at least three years of stable executive leadership.
- Colleges and universities, hospitals, faith-based organizations, and organizations with annual budgets in excess of $15 million dollars are not eligible to apply for general operating support grants.
- We do not make grants for:
- Galas, fundraising events, tickets, or sponsorships (read our Statement Regarding Special Events Funding);
- Direct mail campaigns;
- International projects;
- General endowments;
- Debt or deficit reduction.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mid-Hudson Valley General Operating Support Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.