General Support Grants
Seventh Generation Fund for Indigenous Peoples
Grant amount: US $600 - US $10,000
Next anticipated deadline: Dec 1, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 7, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Americas
Location of residency: AmericasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Seventh Generation Fund is an Indigenous identity-based organization dedicated to the self-determination of Native Peoples and the sovereignty of our distinct Nations that mobilizes financial, technical, and informational resources directly to Native communities to empower action.
General Support Grants
- Assist with establishing an emerging, grassroots Native organization or community
- Cover general operating costs of an existing Native organization
- Help a Native community-based organization accomplish its work
- Facilitate project-specific training, pay for experts/consultants, or provide for other organizational capacity building needs
- Support group participation in regional workshops, national forums and special conferences to help build new skills to benefit the community
The Seventh Generation Fund’s general grant-making program support projects engaged in community empowerment and organizing endeavors, issue advocacy, cultural revitalization, strengthening Indigenous knowledge and practices, and Native leadership development, in the following program pathways:
Art & Creativity
Enhancing tribal identity and cultural vitality through individual and collective creative expression and practices.
Health & Well-being
Achieving physical, mental, and spiritual wellness through traditional healing practices, cultural engagement, and food security.
Strengthening Native leadership strategies by building the skills and knowledge systems that fortify organizational and community-centered work.
Rights of Mother Earth
Protecting Earth’s natural systems and ability to nurture and sustain life by supporting Native stewardship practices and traditional ecological knowledge.
Sustainable Communities & Economies
Developing culturally-relevant and ecologically-sustainable Native community assets.
Peace, Equity & Justice
Securing harmony and parity for and within Native communities and nations and the right of self-determination.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Seventh Generation Fund supports Indigenous-initiated and led community-based organizations. As threshold requirements, for the purposes of consideration for support from Seventh Generation Fund, an eligible organization is defined as one that:
- Is a Native American / Indigenous Peoples’ initiative or project that accomplishes its work within the community it serves (reservation, reserve, rancheria, rural, urban, etc);
- Is Indigenous / Native led – at a minimum 80% of its board of directors / leadership (policy and decision-makers) are Indigenous Peoples;
- Has a majority Indigenous/Native American individuals on staff who are engaged at all levels of the organization / project, not solely as administrative or support staff;
- Has an annual operating budget of less than $200,000.
- Seventh Generation Fund Does Not Fund:
- Non-Indigenous organizations
- Organizations without 501c3 determination or those without a fiscal manager/sponsor
- Political campaigns or direct lobbying
- Scholarships or fellowships
- Fundraising events
- Religious organizations, missionary or proselytizing activities
- Capital improvements
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the General Support Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.