Geochemistry Group Student Travel Bursary
The Geological Society of LondonSuggest an update
Next deadline: Oct 15, 2020
Later deadlines: Jan 15, 2021, May 15, 2021
Grant amount: £200 - £300
Fields of work: Geochemistry & Biogeochemistry
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save
The Geochemistry Group offers bursaries to postgraduate researchers registered at UK universities or research institutions to aid travel to a geochemistry meeting either in the UK or internationally. In previous years, students have received bursaries to support travel to conferences such as EGU and Goldschmidt, as well as a number of smaller meetings.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants will only be awarded to students presenting either an oral or poster presentation.
- Grants will only be awarded to student’s whose research falls within the remit of the Geochemistry Group.
- The applicant should not be otherwise eligible for full funding from existing sources.
- Grants will only be made to attend meetings that occur after the application deadline.
- Applicants must declare any previous grants award from the Mineralogical or Geological Societies in the last three years.
- Failure to do so could result in the withdrawal of their funding.
- Individuals may only receive one bursary from the Mineralogical Society and its special interest groups in a given year.
- Oral papers will be given precedence.
- Preference will be given to students who are self or institutionally funded.
- Preference will be given to students who are members of the Geological Society (become a member) or Mineralogical Society (become a member).
- Preference will be given to students in their second or third year of study.
- Preference will be given to students who have previously submitted abstracts to a Geochemistry Group RiP meeting.
- No retrospective applications will be considered.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”