Student Travel Bursary (Geochemistry Group)
The Geological Society of London
Grant amount: £200 - £300
Next deadline: May 15, 2018
Later deadlines: Oct 15, 2018, Jan 15, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Geochemistry Group offers bursaries to postgraduate researchers registered at UK universities or research institutions to aid travel to a geochemistry meeting either in the UK or internationally. In previous years, students have received bursaries to support travel to conferences such as EGU and Goldschmidt, as well as a number of smaller meetings.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants will only be awarded to students presenting either an oral or poster presentation.
- Grants will only be awarded to student’s whose research falls within the remit of the Geochemistry Group.
- The applicant should not be otherwise eligible for full funding from existing sources.
- Grants will only be made to attend meetings that occur after the application deadline.
- Applicants must declare any previous grants award from the Mineralogical or Geological Societies in the last three years.
- Failure to do so could result in the withdrawal of their funding.
- Individuals may only receive one bursary from the Mineralogical Society and its special interest groups in a given year.
- Oral papers will be given precedence.
- Preference will be given to students who are self or institutionally funded.
- Preference will be given to students who are members of the Geological Society (become a member) or Mineralogical Society (become a member).
- Preference will be given to students in their second or third year of study.
- Preference will be given to students who have previously submitted abstracts to a Geochemistry Group RiP meeting.
- No retrospective applications will be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Student Travel Bursary (Geochemistry Group) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.