Geography and Spatial Sciences Program
National Science Foundation (NSF)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $40,000 - US $400,000
Next deadline: Sep 5, 2019
Later deadlines: Sep 3, 2020, Sep 2, 2021, Sep 1, 2022, Sep 7, 2023, Sep 5, 2024, Sep 4, 2025, Sep 3, 2026, Sep 2, 2027, Sep 7, 2028, Sep 6, 2029, Sep 5, 2030, Sep 4, 2031
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
As specified in the Geography and Spatial Sciences Program strategic plan, the mission of the NSF Geography and Spatial Sciences (GSS) Program is to promote:
- Basic scientific research in geography and spatial science that advances theory, fundamental understanding, and scientific approaches and addresses the challenges facing society.
- The education and training of geographers and spatial scientists in order to enhance the capabilities of current and future generations of researchers.
- The involvement of geographers and spatial scientists in interdisciplinary research.
- Regular research awards
- Doctoral dissertation research improvement (DDRI) awards (Note that there is a separate solicitation for DDRI proposals to be submitted to GSS.)
- Faculty early-career development (CAREER) awards
- Awards for conferences, group travel, and community-development activities
- Research coordination network (RCN) awards
- Rapid-response research (RAPID) awards.
We've imported the main document for this grant to give you an overview. You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Geography and Spatial Sciences Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.