George E. Curtis Charitable Fund Grants
The George E. Curtis Charitable Fund
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Jul 31, 2018 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Plymouth County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Goals and Objectives of the Trust
The Curtis Trust was established by the Will of George E. Curtis, which was allowed by the Plymouth County Probate Court in 1931. The Curtis Trust’s mission is to assist low income elder and disabled persons in Plymouth County, Massachusetts and the contiguous towns to remain in their homes and experience an improved quality of life. Curtis Trust support for low income elders and disabled persons in the target area has primarily been in the form of assistance to Visiting Nurses Associations (“VNA”) and like groups that make skilled and unskilled nursing visits to homes. In recent years, however, the Trust has broadened its scope of support with assistance to the visually impaired, emergency fuel assistance and palliative care to those dying at home. The trust has also funded telemonitors through VNAs that allow individuals with complex medical problems to remain at home while being monitored at their local VNA by trained medical personnel.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are limited to US organizations which are tax exempt under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954.
- Organizations must agree to deliver services to Individuals in a non- discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, or national origin.
- The Curtis Trust expects applicant organizations to demonstrate a commitment to sound management of trust funds and to complete timely and well documented quarterly reports which record the use of the funds.
- Preference is given to those organizations that offer direct service to elderly and disabled individuals to assist them in remaining in their homes despite economic, physical or other hardships.
- In addition to helping various VNAs in the area, the Curtis Trust also supports organizations that subsidize the cost of fuel, electricity, and other expenses that face low income elder or disabled individuals who live in their homes.
- The Trustees look favorably upon applicant organizations governed by a Board of Directors which demonstrate a positive history of accomplishment, stability and low employee turnover.
- Grants from the Curtis Trust are not made to individuals.
- The Curtis Trust does not ordinarily provide financial support for:
- Grants to Individuals
- Renovations to existing facilities frequented by elderly or handicapped persons.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the George E. Curtis Charitable Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.