Integrative Health and Healing
George Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $500,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in Minnesota: Anoka County, Carver County, Dakota County, Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Scott County, Washington County Other eligible locations: Minnesota, Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, Napa County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Solano County, Sonoma County, Eagle County, Colorado Expand all
Location of residency: Minnesota, Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, Napa County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Solano County, Sonoma County, Eagle County, Colorado Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: While we are open to a limited number of new possibilities, we do not accept unsolicited proposals. We are proactive and highly selective in seeking new funding partnerships. To be considered for an IHH grant, you must follow our Letter of Inquiry (LOI) process.
Since its founding, the Foundation has developed trusted working relationships with grantees, building sustained engagement.
The George Family Foundations supports programs, organizations and initiatives that transform lives by working to change the systems affecting those lives.
Integrative Health and Healing
Transforming healthcare to enable people and communities to increase health and wellbeing and to educate individuals to take responsibility and advocate for their own health and wellbeing.
- Support the further acceptance and practice of integrative medicine (IM) and integrative health and healing (IHH) in Minnesota in health care settings and in the community.
- Support select and overarching organizations that educate and train health care providers in the principles and practices of integrative medicine and integrative health to work in a team-based, inter-professional way.
Types of organizations and programs we fund:
- Innovative Minnesota healthcare institutions that embrace and demonstrate a plan to expand whole-person, integrative medicine-based model of care.
- Community organizations in Minnesota (primarily in Minneapolis/St. Paul) that support and educate individuals to take responsibility for their own health and wellbeing.
- National organizations that promote integrative medicine principles and practices.
- Programs that support the development of strong inter-professional health care teams.
- Self-care training programs for healthcare professionals.
- Public relations efforts that advance IM/IHH.
- Programs and projects that put pressure on healthcare-related institutions that oppose change.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The George Family Foundation focuses on single- and multi-year programmatic grants, but does not make capital or endowment gifts.
- We focus geographically on Minnesota-based organizations and other communities important to the George family.
- (Currently these are Minneapolis/St. Paul, the Vail Valley, and the San Francisco Bay Area.)
- Priority is given to organizations that share synergies between two or more of our grantmaking focus areas.
- Environment, Authentic Leadership, Spirituality & Mindfulness, Youth Development, Community.
- *Note: We do not support “health and healing through the arts” programs.
- The George Family Foundation will not support the following:
- Capital (bricks and mortar) or endowment campaigns
- Grants directly to individuals
- Organizations and/or programs without a U.S. non-profit tax status
- Organizations with a 501(c)(4) tax status
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Integrative Health and Healing by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.