George Foundation Grant
George FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: More than US $25,000
Next deadline: Oct 15, 2019 (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Jan 15, 2020 (Full proposal), Apr 15, 2020 (Full proposal), Jul 15, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, General Operating Expense, Capital Project
Location of project: Fort Bend County, Texas
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
George Foundation Grant
The George Foundation Trustees and Staff serve the residents of Fort Bend County by aligning the Foundation’s vision with that of our founders, Albert and Mamie George. The Foundation’s grant making furthers our mission to partner with the community to leverage the Foundation’s resources to positively impact Fort Bend County and its residents. Grants are made in pursuit of our vision of a thriving nonprofit sector that addresses critical community needs, enhances the quality of life and provides opportunities for Fort Bend County residents.
As a place-based grantmaker, our funding is focused on efforts specifically benefiting Fort Bend County and its residents.
- Human Needs
- Community Enhancement
- George Ranch Historical Park
In addition to funding these issue areas, the Foundation also supports certain Special Initiatives and endowments initiated by the Trustees in response to compelling community needs. The Foundation provides an average of $15 million annually in general operating, program and project grants as well as community programming in support of the Fort Bend County region.
The George Foundation’s goal is to be responsive to the needs of the residents and communities within a rapidly growing and changing county. The grantmaking strategy of the Foundation is to support the nonprofit sector in providing critical services and opportunities so that all residents can experience a positive quality of life.
The Foundation seeks to leverage our support to the local community and encourages collaborative partnerships that bring together multiple resources to address community needs. The Foundation also strives to invest in organizations and programs that have a demonstrable impact on the community.
- General Operating Grants
- Program Grants
- Project Grants
Please note: Capital Project Grants are awarded on a very selective basis, with an emphasis on projects that strongly align with the Foundation’s grants strategy and demonstrate a compelling opportunity to directly and deeply impact Fort Bend Co. residents.
Organizations seeking a grant of $25,000 or less are NOT required to submit an LOI and may go directly to the Small Grant Application.
LOI Deadlines: There are no deadlines for submission of Letters of Inquiry (LOI), as they are received and reviewed throughout the year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- What We Fund
- Basic Eligibility
- Be tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) and further classified as a public charity under section 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code, or be tax exempt under section 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Provide programs or services that benefit Fort Bend County residents
- Meet the Foundation’s funding issue areas
- Demonstrate the proposed activities are in response to a documented community need
- Be in compliance with the Foundation on all previous grants
- What We Don't Fund
- Ineligible Applications
- Organizations that do not have a current Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) determination letter or equivalent
- Organizations that do not specifically provide programs or services that benefit Fort Bend County residents
- Churches or other organized religious bodies
- Re-granting organizations, i.e. organizations that distribute money to recipients of its own selection
- Religious or private schools
- Individual K-12 public schools
- Fraternal organizations
- Institutions that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation in policy or in practice.
- The George Foundation does not typically accept applications for the following types of requests:
- Direct mail campaigns
- Loans or debt reduction
- Research or studies
- Regional, national or international programming
- Development of films, videos, books or other media projects
- Purchase of special event tickets, tables or advertisements
- Sponsorships for events, workshops, fairs, festivals, etc.
- Travel or fees for conferences, seminars, conventions, performances, or competitions
- Grants that impose expenditure responsibility on the Foundation
- Political interests of any kind
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the George Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.