Hoag Family Foundation Grant Program
George Hoag Family Foundation
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $65,000
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 30, 2018 (Full proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 31, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in California: Los Angeles County, Monterey County, Orange County, San Luis Obispo County, Santa Barbara County, Santa Cruz County, Ventura County Expand all
Location of residency: CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Completed applications are due on March 31st and September 30th. An invitation to apply is required prior to submitting an application. Letters of inquiry must precede grant proposals and are accepted throughout the year.
The George Hoag Family Foundation is a private, non-profit, public benefit corporation organized to promote and engage exclusively in charitable endeavors which will improve social conditions, promote human welfare and/or alleviate pain and suffering.
The Foundations main focus of funding is to non-profit organizations that support community healthcare programs, social service programs and youth programs in Los Angeles, Orange County and Central Coast areas of California.
What We Fund
The Foundation primarily applies its resources to benefit California residents through funding healthcare programs, social service programs, and youth-oriented organizations.
Currently, the Foundation is focused on safety-net issues and basic need grants.
The Foundation is principally interested in providing improved or expanded services through programs already in operation. The Foundation will make grants for capital expenditures, such as equipment purchases, construction and renovation. The Foundation will also consider general operating expenses on a case by case basis.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation accepts applications for grants from qualified tax-exempt charitable organization primarily operating in California.
- The Foundation directs its philanthropy primarily to diverse communities in Los Angeles, Orange County and parts of the Central Coast area of California.
- The Foundation does not fund requests to individuals, fundraising events, dinners or to religious organizations when their principle activity is for the benefit of their own members.
- The Foundation does not advocate or promote any particular theories or doctrines in the area in which it may be interested.
- Scholarship support is only provided to nonprofit organizations.
- The Foundation also does not make grants to reduce previously incurred debt obligations or operating deficits.
- Grants are not made to organizations soliciting funds in support of projects or programs operated by other than the applicant.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Hoag Family Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.