Hoag Family Foundation Grant Program
George Hoag Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $65,000
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 30, 2020 (Full proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 31, 2021 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in California: Los Angeles County, Orange County
Location of residency: CaliforniaView website Save
About this funder:
Note: Completed applications are due on the deadlines above. An invitation to apply is required prior to submitting an application. Letters of inquiry must precede grant proposals and are accepted throughout the year.
Founded in 1940 by George and Grace Hoag and their son, George Grant Hoag II, the George Hoag Family Foundation is committed to making a positive difference in the communities it serves by improving social conditions, promoting human welfare and alleviating pain and suffering.
Over 75 years later, the family continues its long tradition of philanthropy and strives to be responsive to the changing community needs.
What We Fund
The George Hoag Family Foundation primarily applies its resources to benefit Southern California residents through funding healthcare programs, social service programs, and youth-oriented organizations. Currently, the foundation is focused on safety-net issues and basic need grants. We’re working to improve conditions for people throughout Los Angeles and Orange County.
The Foundation is principally interested in providing improved or expanded services through programs already in operation. The Foundation will make grants for capital expenditures, such as equipment purchases, construction and renovation. The Foundation will also consider general operating expenses on a case by case basis.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation accepts applications for grants from qualified tax-exempt charitable organization primarily operating in California.
- The Foundation directs its philanthropy to diverse communities in Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
- The Foundation does not fund requests to individuals, fundraising events, dinners or to religious organizations when their principle activity is for the benefit of their own members.
- The Foundation does not advocate or promote any particular theories or doctrines in the area in which it may be interested.
- Scholarship support is only provided to nonprofit organizations.
- The Foundation also does not make grants to reduce previously incurred debt obligations or operating deficits.
- Grants are not made to organizations soliciting funds in support of projects or programs operated by other than the applicant.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Hoag Family Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.