George Stout Scholarship
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Deadline: Dec 15, 2018
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The FAIC George Stout Grant supports students and those who have graduated in the past two years who are members of AIC to attend professional meetings.
George L. Stout (1897-1978) was a pioneer in conservation of historic and artistic works in America, particularly in his application of scientific techniques to art restoration. The George Stout Memorial Fund for student awards was established in 1981 and has been supplemented by additional gifts over the years.
Unless there are sufficient funds, Stout awards are not made to the same
individual in succeeding years. FAIC will partially or totally fund as
many qualified applicants as possible, given funds available.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Students (or those who have graduated no more than two years previously) who are members of AIC and are attending a professional meeting after February 15 are eligible.
- Funds can be used to defray costs for transportation, accommodations, and registration.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Preference may be given to students presenting papers or those who are nearing the completion of their graduate education.
- Meal costs are not eligible.
- Unless there are sufficient funds, Stout awards are not made to the same individual in succeeding years.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the George Stout Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.