Bill Terrell Graduate Research Grant
Georgia Ornithological SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Deadline: Dec 1, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Alabama, Florida, Georgia (US state), North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Georgia Ornithological Society's (GOS) mission is to encourage the scientific study of birds by gathering and disseminating information on Georgia bird life. GOS actively promotes bird conservation by encouraging the preservation of habitats that are vital to the survival of resident and migratory birds. The GOS also gives scholarships, produces scientific publications, and provides fellowship among those interested in nature.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be GOS members to apply for the Terrell Graduate Student Research Grant.
- The applicants must be enrolled graduate students in:
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- Students may apply for follow-up grant money once the grant period has expired.
- The student's research must be ornithological and must be conducted under faculty direction.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- First priority will be given to supporting students enrolled in Georgia universities or students who were born in Georgia if enrolled out-of-state.
Although a broad range of ornithological research may be supported by this grant money, those projects which emphasize the following areas will receive highest priority:
a) Ecosystem function
b) Habitat use, quality, and conservation
c) Avian communities
d) Federally- and state-listed species ( Invasive species)
- GOS will not award money from both of its graduate student grant sources (i.e., Howe and Terrell) to an individual applicant within the same calendar year.
- Grant money shall not be used to fund the grantee's salary, tuition, university overhead requirements, or other indirect costs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bill Terrell Graduate Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.