GOS Opportunity Grant
Georgia Ornithological SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit Unaffiliated Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Georgia (US state)
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Georgia Ornithological Society's (GOS) mission is to encourage the scientific study of birds by gathering and disseminating information on Georgia bird life. GOS actively promotes bird conservation by encouraging the preservation of habitats that are vital to the survival of resident and migratory birds. The GOS also gives scholarships, produces scientific publications, and provides fellowship among those interested in nature.
Grants will be considered as long as funds are available for the year. In some cases the committee may decide to reward that application with the entire grant budget for that year. In cases where there are multiple quality applications, the committee might distribute the grant total among them. If suitable applications are not received, the committee may elect to not award any money in a given calendar year. The total amount available from this grant source in a typical year is $5,000-10,000.
If you are an undergraduate or graduate student, please apply for a Norene Boring Undergraduate Grant or Howe or Terrell Graduate Student Research Grants. If you are an organization seeking funds in excess of $5000, and your project pertains to management actions on behalf of bird conservation, then please apply for the Bill Terrell Avian Conservation Grant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants will be given on projects designed to benefit the conservation of native bird species, particularly those that reside in Georgia on a seasonal or annual basis, or those that visit stopover habitats in Georgia during migration.
- This grant source is available to individuals, clubs, and organizations such as non-profit groups who are doing citizen science research or public education/awareness about birds and bird conservation.
- Applications that feature matching funding are more likely to be supported.
- This grant is not intended to support university or graduate student research, or research or management performed by federal or state agencies.
- This grant cannot be used to fund any salaries and any overhead costs, or indirect costs such as insurance or vehicle maintenance expenses.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the GOS Opportunity Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.