H. Branch Howe Grant
Georgia Ornithological SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 31, 2020
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: North America, South America, Georgia, United States
Location of residency: Georgia, United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Georgia Ornithological Society's (GOS) mission is to encourage the scientific study of birds by gathering and disseminating information on Georgia bird life. GOS actively promotes bird conservation by encouraging the preservation of habitats that are vital to the survival of resident and migratory birds. The GOS also gives scholarships, produces scientific publications, and provides fellowship among those interested in nature.
GOS offers graduate student research grants in support of ornithological research.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be GOS members to apply for the Howe Graduate Student Research Grant.
- The applicants, during the grant period, must be enrolled graduate students in the State of Georgia.
- The research must be primarily ornithological and must be conducted under faculty direction.
- Application for renewal is permitted.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Preference will be given:
- first to research performed in Georgia
- second to that performed in the U.S. outside Georgia
- third to that performed in the Americas outside the U.S., especially when involving species moving between North and South America; and
- then to that performed in other parts of the world
- The grant will not fund the grantee's salary, tuition, university overhead, or indirect costs.
- GOS will not award money from both of its graduate student grant sources (i.e., Howe and Terrell) to an individual applicant within the same calendar year.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the H. Branch Howe Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.