Gertrude McDaris Ruskin and Sidney H. Ruskin Scholarship
Center for Scholarship Administration (CSA)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $2,000
Deadline: Feb 27, 2021
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student High School Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: North Carolina, Counties in North Carolina: Buncombe County, Cherokee County, Haywood County, Madison County
Minimum GPA: 2.5View website Save
About this funder:
The Gertrude McDaris Ruskin and Sidney H. Ruskin Scholarship is providing scholarships for deserving students. The Center for Scholarship Administration, Inc. (CSA), a non-profit, independent organization is the facilitator of the program.
Recipients may attend Mars Hill College, Warren Wilson College, Berea College, Carson-Newman or Reinhardt University, OR any accredited public two- year or four-year college of university, located within the United States in any field of study leading to a degree.
The institution must be an educational organization that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of pupils or students in attendance at the place where its educational activities are regularly conducted. To the extent the institution is involved in the selection of the recipients (if at all), that involvement must comply with the Scholarship Program`s policy of awarding scholarships on an objective and non-discriminatory basis as well as the Scholarship Program`s Conflict of Interest Policy.
This scholarship is a four-year scholarship subject to the following terms and conditions:
- recipients must remain in good academic standing, enrolled full-time at an eligible college or university.
- Students must remain enrolled full-time, continuously throughout the four-year scholarship.
- Under special circumstances, individual exceptions may be made to the full-time continuous enrollment requirement, at the discretion of the committee and Trustee.
- If a scholarship is awarded for an academic year, and is not used within that year, it is forfeited, and unused money is returned to the Trust.
- Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in forfeiture of the scholarship.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants Must:
- Be residents of Buncombe, Haywood, or Madison County, North Carolina or reside on the Cherokee Indian Reservation in North Carolina.
- Be either:
- persons of Cherokee Indian blood who reside on the Cherokee Indian Reservation in North Carolina and who are of the Baptist, Methodist or Presbyterian faith OR
- persons of the Baptist, Methodist or Presbyterian faith, who have ancestors who resided in one of the original 13 colonies at the time of the American Revolutionary War.
- Demonstrate scholastic achievement.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Plan to attend or be enrolled full-time at Mars Hill College, Warren Wilson College, Berea College, Carson-Newman, or Reinhardt University, OR an accredited public two-year or four-year college or university located in the United States.
- Additional Desired Qualifications:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Recipients must be enrolled full- time each semester and working towards an undergraduate degree.
- Preference is given to applicants who are orphans who have lost one or both parents.
- Preference will be given to those who wish to attend Mars Hill College, Warren Wilson College, Berea College, Carson-Newman, and Reinhardt University; provided the institution meets the criteria in the following paragraph.
- It is the preference of the donor that recipients attend colleges or universities controlled by one of the three Protestant denominations and preferably one of the colleges or universities which requires its students to work part time for the purpose of paying tuition and expenses.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Gertrude McDaris Ruskin and Sidney H. Ruskin Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.