Gertrude McDaris Ruskin and Sidney H. Ruskin Scholarship
Center for Scholarship Administration (CSA)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Feb 12, 2019 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student High School Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: North Carolina
Minimum GPA: 2.5View website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Gertrude McDaris Ruskin and Sidney H. Ruskin Scholarship is providing scholarships for deserving students. The Center for Scholarship Administration, Inc. (CSA), a non-profit, independent organization is the facilitator of the program.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must:
- Be residents of one of three counties in North Carolina (Buncombe, Haywood, or Madison) or should reside on the Cherokee Indian Reservation in Swain & Jackson Counties.
- Be of the Baptist, Methodist, or Presbyterian faith.
- Be of the Cherokee Indian descent; or Anglo-Saxon descent and have ancestors who resided in one of the original 13 colonies at the time of the Revolutionary War.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Recipients must be full-time each semester and working toward an undergraduate degree.
- The awards will be applied to the cost of tuition, fees, books and supplies and should not exceed these costs.
- Schools can a recipient attend:
- Recipients may attend an accredited, public or private, two-year or four-year, college or university.
- The institution must be an educational organization that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of pupils or students in attendance at the place where its educational activities are regularly carried on. To the extent the institution is involved in the selection of the recipients (if at all), such involvement must comply with the Fund's policy of awarding scholarships on an objective and non-discriminatory basis as well as the Fund's Conflict of Interest Policy.
- This scholarship is non-renewable; however, current recipients may reapply and be considered in competition with new applicants.
- Preference will be given to those who wish to attend Mars Hill College, Warren Wilson College, Berea College, Carson-Newman, and Reinhardt University.
- It is the preference of the donor that recipients attend colleges or universities controlled by one of the three Protestant denominations and preferably one of the colleges or universities which requires its students to work part time for the purpose of paying tuition and expenses.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Gertrude McDaris Ruskin and Sidney H. Ruskin Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.