GGS Foundation Grant
GGS FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $60,000
Next deadline: Jun 26, 2020 5:00pm PDT
Later deadlines: Feb 7, 2021 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Marin County, San Francisco County
Location of residency: Counties in California: Marin County, San Francisco CountyView website Save
About this funder:
GGS Foundation was established in 1992 with the mission to build a better future by supporting individuals and families to become healthy, compassionate, and responsible. The foundation supports community-based, non-profit organizations building self-reliance in at-risk or disadvantaged children and youth in San Francisco and, to a lesser extent, Marin County.
The foundation supports community-based, nonprofit organizations building self-reliance in at-risk or disadvantaged children and youth in San Francisco and, to a lesser extent, Marin County.
Our main focus areas are:
Promoting literacy for children from preschool through third grade, including acquisition of reading, writing, and comprehension skills, and application of literacy skills to critical thinking and self-expression.
The foundation will consider applications from the following types of organizations:
- Mission-driven literacy organizations* with strong evaluation methods and a proven record of effectiveness. Requests may be for general or program support.
- * We consider mission-driven literacy organizations to be those whose programming is devoted entirely to literacy. These organizations are eligible to re-apply for funding without a rest period, if invited to do so by GGS staff.
- Community-based organizations that infuse literacy into in-school and/or out-of-school programs, with a particular focus on vulnerable populations (i.e. English Language Learners). Applications will be considered for program support, to strengthen evaluation methods, and/or for projects designed to build collaboration with other literacy programs.
Enabling youth to thrive and live up to their full potential through programs that build resiliency, promote healthy coping strategies, and prevent unhealthy behaviors. Examples of program types include anti-bullying, mentoring (peer and adult), girls’ and boys’ personal development and empowerment, mental health, general health, school gardens and nutrition, and substance abuse prevention.
The foundation will fund organizations and programs that:
- Serve middle and/or high school youth
- Work with low-income, homeless, and/or foster youth
- Employ sound youth development practices in their programming
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The foundation supports community-based, non-profit organizations building self-reliance in at-risk or disadvantaged children and youth in San Francisco and, to a lesser extent, Marin County.
- The foundation only supports non-sectarian programs.
- The foundation prioritizes organizations that employ sound youth development practices in their work.
- It also has a particular interest in supporting organizations that engage with foster youth.
- GGS Foundation does not make grants to individuals, endowments, events, annual appeals, videos, medical research, capital campaigns, and conferences.
- To ensure that the foundation is able to support a broad spectrum of organizations, the board requires that two full years elapse between grant awards.
- For example, if an organization received a grant in spring 2018, it would be eligible to apply for funding for the spring 2020 grant cycle.
- The foundation is no longer funding in the Career Pathways program area and will not be accepting applications for these programs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the GGS Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.