GGS Foundation Grant
Bella Vista Foundation
Next deadline: Jan 28, 2022 5:00pm PST
Later deadlines: Jun 25, 2022 5:00pm PDT
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $60,000
Fields of work: Children’s Mental Health Addiction & Substance Abuse Literacy Youth Development & Leadership Child Foster Care & Adoption Services Wellness & Healthy Living Sustainable Agriculture & Agroecology Horticulture & Gardening Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Marin County, San Francisco County
Location of residency: Counties in California: Marin County, San Francisco County
We are excited to announce that as of December 2019, the GGS Foundation has merged into the Bella Vista Foundation.. GGS Foundation was established in 1992 with the mission to build a better future by supporting individuals and families to become healthy, compassionate, and responsible. The foundation supports community-based, non-profit organizations building self-reliance in at-risk or disadvantaged children and youth in San Francisco and, to a lesser extent, Marin County.
The Bella Vista Foundation supports community-based, nonprofit organizations; working in four program areas:
The Pre-3 Support program focuses on building resiliency among families facing adversity or trauma by helping parents and caregivers cope with toxic stress.
The GGS Early Literacy program promotes literacy for children, including acquisition of reading, writing, and comprehension skills, and application of literacy skills to critical thinking and self-expression.
The GGS Healthy Living program supports organizations that enable youth to thrive and live up to their full potential by building resiliency, promoting healthy coping strategies and positive decision-making, and preventing unhealthy behaviors.
The Watershed Restoration program focuses on restoration and revitalization of key watershed ecosystems within the following specific geographic areas in California and Oregon.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Bella Vista Foundation awards grants to public charities operating under an IRS 501(c)(3) status or fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) organization.
- The foundation only supports non-sectarian programs.
- Only one request from an organization will be funded in a 12-month period.
- If your organization’s last application to the foundation was declined, please contact the program officer for your grantmaking area before you apply again.
- The foundation prioritizes organizations that employ sound youth development practices in their work.
- It also has a particular interest in supporting organizations that engage with foster youth.
- The foundation does not award grants to individuals.
- The foundation does not make grants to endowments, events, annual appeals, videos, medical research, capital campaigns, and conferences.