Grants to Expeditions
Gilchrist Educational TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: £1,000 - £2,000
Deadline: Feb 28, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University Museum/Library/Zoo
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Location of citizenship: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Applications from small or medium-sized British expeditions are considered by the Trustees in April each year for Grants to Expeditions.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- The team comprises three or more members, based in a university or research institute, museum or similar not-for-profit agency, the majority of whom are of British nationality;
- The team proposes to carry out research of a scientific nature;
- The majority of the team is studying, or has studied, subjects relevant to the expedition’s stated objectives;
- The expedition has been well planned, has attainable objectives and is not likely to place the lives of the team members at risk;
- The members of the team are making adequate personal contributions to help meet the cost of the expedition;
- The host country is keen for the proposed research to be carried out and the results will be a welcome addition to the corpus of knowledge on the subject(s) which already exists;
- If appropriate, local counterparts will be involved in the proposed research.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Grants to Expeditions by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.