Gilead Asia Grants
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Health Care Access & Delivery Medical Education & Professional Training HIV/AIDS Diseases & Conditions Preventative Healthcare
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Cambodia; China; Fiji; Hong Kong; India; Indonesia; Kiribati; Korea, Republic of; Kyrgyzstan; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Malaysia; Maldives; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nauru; Nepal; Pakistan; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Philippines; Samoa; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Sri Lanka; Taiwan, Republic Of China; Tajikistan; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Vietnam Show all
Location of residency: Afghanistan; Australia; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Cambodia; China; Fiji; Hong Kong; India; Indonesia; Kiribati; Korea, Republic of; Kyrgyzstan; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Malaysia; Maldives; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nauru; Nepal; New Zealand; Pakistan; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Philippines; Samoa; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Sri Lanka; Taiwan, Republic Of China; Tajikistan; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Vietnam Show all
NOTE: Grant applications are accepted throughout the year. Funding requests must be submitted a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the start of the activity. The typical grant review timeline can be up to 12 weeks
What We Fund
Gilead welcomes funding requests for innovative, high impact projects that relate to at least one of our core therapeutic areas:
- Liver disease
- Solid tumors
- Inflammatory and respiratory diseases
We consider a number of factors when reviewing grant requests, but it is most important for applications to demonstrate a strong commitment to — and capacity for — delivering the specific services your funded grant would support.
Types of Organizations We Support
Patient Community Support:
Lack of awareness is often a significant barrier to disease screening and treatment — especially among at-risk populations — leading to acute disparities in care. Gilead supports patients and their communities by funding a variety of awareness-raising projects.
Examples of Patient Community Support projects Gilead has funded include:
- Events or resources to educate patients about prevention and care options, such as:
- Web-based resources
- Printed materials
- Testing and screening initiatives
- The types of Patient Community Support organizations Gilead has funded include:
- Patient advocacy and support groups
- Hospitals and clinics
- Nonprofit service organizations
- Professional associations
- Academic medical centers and universities
Medical & Scientific Support:
Ongoing education is essential to ensuring that healthcare professionals can continue to deliver the best possible care based on the latest advances in medicine. Gilead supports high-impact, continuing medical education programs that expand the knowledge and skills of healthcare professionals.
Gilead has funded a range of Medical and Scientific Support projects, including:
- Continuing medical education (CME) accredited by ACCME or another relevant organization
- Non-accredited CME in compliance with FDA guidelines
- Scientific conferences
- Lecture series or symposia
Please remember that attendance at Medical and Scientific Support events should be open to professionals in the community. The principal speaker may not be employed by, or the audience limited to, the funded organization.
The types of Medical and Scientific Support organizations Gilead has funded include:
- Medical universities
- Professional associations
- Community health centers
- Hospitals and academic medical centers
If you represent an accredited medical education program that involves for-profit medical education companies or that has a national or regional scope (e.g., satellite symposia at scientific conferences), Gilead offers a separate application and review process managed by the Gilead Independent Medical Education Department (IMED).
Gilead Asia Grants
Gilead has operations across Asia, with a regional presence in Hong Kong, standalone business operations in mainland China and Japan, and local collaborations in emerging markets across the region.
Our grantmaking in Asia focuses on the following therapeutic areas:
- Viral Hepatitis
Within these therapeutic areas, we provide support for a broad range of activities, including:
- Disease awareness
- Disease prevention
- Professional education
- Improving patient access to care
- Improving quality of care
- Increasing scientific capacity
- Strengthening healthcare systems
There are no minimum or maximum request amounts. Applicants should request the level of funding that is required based on programmatic needs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We work with patient advocates, nonprofits, and healthcare professionals across all our therapeutic areas of focus to improve care through partnerships and community engagement.
- Tax exempt registration is required to be considered for funding, and if you are a nonprofit organization, proof of status (e.g., a 501(c)(3) IRS letter in the U.S. or a tax certification letter (W8-BEN) if your organization is based outside the U.S.) is also required.
- Grant funding is primarily awarded for direct programmatic support.
- Grants may not be provided:
- To pay for patient care or treatment and/or prescriptions
- To pay for general operating expenses or purchase of standard equipment or hardware
- To support a healthcare practitioner’s expenses for attendance or travel to educational programs
- To individual healthcare professionals or for-profit physician group practices
- To pay honoraria of healthcare providers employed by or affiliated with the requesting organization
- To support the costs of government lobbying activities
- To compensate individuals who provide services to Gilead, such as speaking or advising
- To serve in lieu of a discount or price concession or as part of a contract negotiation
- To support clinical studies
- Gilead generally does not provide grant support for indirect costs of an organization or activity.
- Gilead does not make grants to individuals or for-profit companies.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”