Family & Neighborhood Stability Grant
McNeely FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 1, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Ramsey County, Minnesota
Location of residency: Ramsey County, MinnesotaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Foundation has historically leveraged human and financial resources to foster a thriving East Side St. Paul, Minnesota where the McNeely business developed. The McNeely Foundation was set up in the 1960s by Harry G. McNeely Sr, and his wife Adelaide Frenzel McNeely. It was originally funded with a gift of stock from their business, The St. Paul Terminal Warehouse Company.
The McNeely Foundation funds organizations that create a more vibrant and sustainable East Side of St Paul. It will consider applications from organizations outside of the targeted geography and age group for innovative work that could be integrated or replicated on the East Side. Our four grantmaking focus areas are Youth Development Through Enrichment, Youth Development Through Employment Training, Environment, and Family & Neighborhood Stability.
Family & Neighborhood Stability
- Increase economic vitality and stability of youth and low-income families.
- Financial literacy and asset building opportunities.
- Supportive services to maintain families in stable housing.
- Employment education and training, and job creation.
- Maintain community development and community building organizations that create community leaders, support expansion of individual and community assets, and foster a sense of neighborhood.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who may apply:
- Organizations with an IRS classification as a tax-exempt, non-profit organization that is not a private foundation
- Public agencies or schools that have been invited to apply
- Program and project support is most typically funded however, general operating grants may be made as well as capital grants in very limited situations.
- Almost all of McNeely Foundation grants are awarded to benefit populations and neighborhoods on the East Side of Saint Paul, namely Payne-Phalen, Dayton’s Bluff, and Greater East Side, and includes the Battle Creek neighborhood in certain circumstances.
- The McNeely Foundation considers a number of criteria in our review process for the three place-based goal areas. Applicants increase chance of success by considering these examples:
- Priorities, strategies and assessments are data-driven
- A plan and the capacity to measure progress towards community and individual change
- High impact
- Potential to catalyze other work
- Partnerships to accomplish goals and outcomes are valued
- Programs and projects not supported are, for example, in-school residence programs, one day events, or trips for youth.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Family & Neighborhood Stability Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.