Glass Foundation Grant
Glass Foundation, Inc.
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Next deadline: Dec 15, 2018 (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Apr 15, 2019 (Full proposal), Jun 30, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in North Carolina: Avery County, Buncombe County, Burke County, Caldwell County, Cherokee County, Clay County, Graham County, Haywood County, Henderson County, Jackson County, Macon County, Madison County, McDowell County, Mitchell County, Polk County, Swain County, Transylvania County, Watauga County, Yancey County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: A Letter of Interest (LOI) is the first step in our application process. A full proposal must be submitted by the "full proposal" dates above to be reviewed at the quarterly meeting.
Glass Foundation Grant
The Glass Foundation is a private family foundation based in Asheville, NC and was created in 2000 by Kenneth E. and Nancy J. Glass. The Foundation believes in helping the Western North Carolina region thrive as a whole community educationally, environmentally, and culturally and offer a distinctive quality of life.
The overall vision of the Foundation is to enable Western North Carolina to realize a vision of itself as a premier place to both live and work by making the region a center of high quality educational opportunity; helping to preserve a diverse array of natural resources; and by maintaining a rich cultural and historical heritage.
The Foundation also provides philanthropic support on behalf of the TECT Family of Businesses owned by Kenneth E. Glass and family.
What We Will Fund
- Capital Campaigns (Requests up to $100,000)
- Construction and Renovation Expenses (Requests up to $50,000)
- Program Supplies or Equipment (Requests up to $25,000)
Only projects in the Western North Carolina region of the United States are considered. Charlotte and the surrounding counties are not considered Western North Carolina.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Programs that offer:
- Environmental education and/or preservation
- Developmental and educational opportunities for children and youth
- Preservation of historic sites
- Tax-exempt organizations described in Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Organizations located in or serving one or more of these WNC counties:
- We generally will not fund an organization that has not been operating for at least 2 years.
- What We Will Not Fund:
- publicly funded education (except charter schools)
- general operating expenses including:
- stipends, salaries, travel, room and board
- rent or lease
- planning expenses
- religious organizations
- political lobbying/campaigns
- deficit financing
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Glass Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.