Youth Corps Grants - Open Space Purpose
Great Outdoors ColoradoSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $250,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 20, 2019 3:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Colorado
Location of residency: ColoradoView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only municipalities, counties, other political subdivisions of the state, and land trusts that own parks or open space properties or that hold conservation easements on either public or private lands may apply.
- Eligible Properties/project types:
- Open Space Purpose/Publicly-Owned Lands –
- The land may be owned by a municipality, county, or other political subdivision of the state, and must be managed as protected open space.
- Eligible project types include (but are not limited to construction/maintenance of trails and trail amenities, noxious weed removal, wildlife habitat restoration, and fire mitigation.
- All work must comply with any conservation easement or other use restriction governing the property and the owner’s policies regarding its public lands.
- Open Space Purpose/Privately-Owned Lands –
- The land may be owned by a land trust or other private party, so long as the land is permanently protected by a conservation easement or other permanent use restriction.
- Eligible project types must provide a public benefit and include (but are not limited to) noxious weed removal, wildlife habitat restoration, fire mitigation, or other natural resource protection/stewardship.
- Construction of trails or other recreational amenities are eligible project types.
- All work must comply with the conservation easement or other use restriction governing the property
- Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Project must be appropriate for youth corps crews (14–25 year olds).
- Applicant must coordinate closely with the youth corps in advance of submitting a proposal.
- Applicant must have the capacity to properly host a youth corps crew.
- Applicant must agree to promote a funded project using social and traditional media
- Project must be “shovel-ready”: able to be completed in calendar year and have all approvals in place.
- Project is unlikely to be funded from another source.
- Applicants must apply for a minimum of two weeks of youth corps work. One week of work consists of 320 hours of labor (8 people for 40 hours each, for example) inclusive of one-way travel and 4-5 hours per week of on-site education activities for the crew.
- Projects intended for state or federal lands are ineligible.
- Projects intended to benefit only the property’s owner (such as digging ditches or constructing agricultural structures) are not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Youth Corps Grants - Open Space Purpose by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.