Good Food Initiative Grants
Petoskey-Harbor Springs Area Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2020
Later anticipated deadlines: Oct 1, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Emmet County, Michigan
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
PHSACF’s Good Food Initiative aims to increase the viability of local agriculture in order to increase the likelihood that farming will remain an integral and valuable part of our community and quality of life. The Initiative has four goals:
- Help farmers/livestock producers keep their land in farming
- Boost the economy through expanded production and purchase of local food and food products
- Improve access by those in need to nutritious foods from local sources
- Increase community appreciation for local food and farming
Among the objectives of the Initiative are to encourage buyers, including institutional purchasers, to give priority to local food sources whenever possible, and to support more opportunities for students and those in need to eat fresh, local foods.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is eligible for grants?
- Tax-exempt, charitable organizations according to the IRS code, educational institutions, state agencies, or municipalities.
- Applicants must be current with their tax status and, if applicable, their registration to solicit charitable donations in Michigan;
- Organizations that serve Emmet County or a significant number of Emmet County residents; and
- Organizations that do not discriminate in hiring of staff or the provision of services.
- The Board of Trustees generally does not consider requests in excess of $15,000, annual fund-raising drives, services which are commonly recognized as government or school obligations, debt reduction, endowments, religious programs that advocate specific religious doctrines or do not serve the broader community, and individuals (other than scholarships).
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Good Food Initiative Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.