Good Neighbor Grants
OceanFirst FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Deadline: Mar 1, 2019 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Cape May County, Cumberland County, Gloucester County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Ocean County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in New Jersey: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Cape May County, Cumberland County, Gloucester County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Ocean County, Salem County, Somerset County, Union County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: Organizations that have not previously received a grant should first contact the Foundation to be screened for eligibility. In addition, hospital organizations should contact the Foundation for specific directions on how to apply.
OceanFirst Foundation concentrates its grantmaking around four core priority areas: Health and Wellness, Housing, Improving Quality of Life and Youth Development and Education. In addition, grants are made to support emerging community needs and special initiatives consistent with the priorities of the Foundation. All organizations that are interested in applying for a grant should carefully read the information available on the website about the Foundation’s programs and priority areas.
Good Neighbor Grants
OceanFirst Foundation has a strong commitment to helping our neighbors build their self-sufficiency and we know that sometimes needs can be met with just a little help from community partners. The Good Neighbor Grant Program provides grants of up to $5,000 for programs/projects with a broad benefit or up to $3,500 for special event sponsorship.
The Foundation considers requests for Good Neighbor Grants to support programs and special projects once per year. Organizations may apply for one program/project support grant each year. Requests made through the Good Neighbor Grant program may not exceed $5,000.
Special Event Support
These grants are considered on a rolling basis and a two-month lead time is strongly recommended.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Requests must address one of the Foundation’s priorities and applicants must demonstrate a significant impact within the OceanFirst footprint.
- In addition, applicants must have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status with the IRS and be compliant with the State of New Jersey’s charitable registration requirements.
- The Foundation, in general, does not fund outside our specific strategic areas or provide support to organizations that cannot demonstrate a significant level of service within the OceanFirst Bank footprint.
- If your organization is seeking a grant of $5,001 or more, please check out the Major Grant program.
- Organizations may not submit both a Good Neighbor Grant and Major Grant request for the same program so please choose carefully where your request fits best.
- OceanFirst Foundation cannot provide funding for the following:
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Religious congregations
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation
- Sports leagues/teams
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Good Neighbor Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.