Good Sports Donations
Good SportsSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount in in-kind support
Fields of work: Sports & Athletics
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Good Sports gives all kids the lifelong benefits of sport and physical activity by providing equipment, apparel and footwear to those most in need.
Through the generous support we receive from a variety of funders, equipment manufacturers and distributors, Good Sports is able to provide a diverse range of sporting equipment, footwear and apparel to many different community organizations on a year-round basis. The equipment we are able to distribute is determined by the type of donations we receive from these supporters.
By working closely with teams, coaches, athletic directors and community leaders throughout North America, Good Sports is able to focus on each organization’s respective hardships by providing donations aimed at fulfilling their specific equipment and apparel needs.
Good Sports’ main objective is to get as many kids off the sidelines and into the game as possible. Additionally, as a result of our donations, recipients have been able to do one or more of the following:
- Increase the total amount of kids that are active within their program
- Enhance their ability to maintain the athletes they currently serve
- Lower participation fees
- Develop new programs
All approved organizations will:
- Gain access to our catalog of available inventory, which displays the equipment, apparel, and footwear that we have available at the current time
- Be able to use up to six (6) total donation requests over a two-year period, with a maximum of three (3) donation requests per year
You will be required to sign a release form and pay a donation processing fee prior to receiving each donation. The fee will always equal 5% of the total retail value of the items; for example, if the total value of your items equals $2,000, you will be asked to provide $100, etc. There is no maximum fee.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Your organization directly serves youth between the ages of 3-18 years old
- Your organization serves youth in an economically disadvantaged area
- Your organization charges a participation fee of $299 or below
- Schools Only: More than half of the student body must be eligible for free/reduced lunch. We predominantly do not support schools that charge a tuition.
- Your organization is located in the United States
- Organization provides access to play for kids (this can take many different forms and does not have to be a structured sports program)
- Schools must apply as a whole; applications for individual programs or teams within the school will not be considered.
- Additionally, Good Sports is NOT able to donate to the following:
- Short-term events such as sports camps, running/walking events, and tournaments
- Individual athletes
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”