Women Techmakers Scholarship: Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
Grant amount: €7,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 5, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Africa; Europe; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bahrain; Cyprus; Georgia; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Iraq; Israel; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Oman; Palestine, State of; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Syrian Arab Republic; Turkey; Yemen Show all
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program - formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program - Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the tech industry by encouraging women to excel as active participants and leaders in the field.
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2020-2021 academic year. A group of undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate's impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership and academic background. The program is open to qualified students who meet the criteria and we strongly encourage women to apply. All scholarship recipients will be invited to the annual Google Student Retreat in the summer of 2020 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers, and participate in a number of development workshops.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld OR be studying video game programing, game engineering, game design and development, or a closely related field in gaming
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in technology (i.e. computer science or gaming)
- Current Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women Techmakers Scholarship: Europe, the Middle East, and Africa by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.