Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship
Grant amount: US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 14, 2018 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
At Google, we believe information should be universally accessible. Our education and scholarship programs aim to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology by breaking down the barriers that prevent them from entering these fields.
As part of our commitment to military veterans, Google established the Google SVA Scholarship in partnership with Student Veterans of America. The scholarship provides assistance to student veterans who are pursuing university degrees in the field of computer science in the U.S. Selected students will receive 10,000 USD for the upcoming school year and will be invited to attend the Google Scholars’ Retreat in the summer.
The Scholars' Retreat provides an important networking opportunity for top students from all over the United States and Canada to meet with each other and with Google engineers in a personable, fun environment.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited four-year university for the current academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student at a university in the United States for the upcoming academic year
- Maintain strong academic performance
- Be pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field
- Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (with a heavy computer science course load)
- Computer Engineering
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Applied Networking
- Systems administration
- Be a current student veteran (includes members of the National Guard or Reserve), as proven by a DD-214 and transcript, OR be a student on Active Duty as proven by submission of Active Duty orders and a Memorandum of Understanding from your commanding officer indicating that you are in good standing with your unit, and transcript
- Have received an honorable discharge, or currently be in good standing with his/her branch of service
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.